Windows stick in cold weather (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched for this but didnt see anything...

My manual driver/passenger windows have a nasty habbit of binding during cold weather and becoming very difficult to wind down or up. During warm or hot weather they are very smooth.

Can this be fixed without having to replace the inner or outer weather trim/rubber at the bottom?

Thanks

My former 84 and later 87 did the same thing, especially after washing the truck in cold weather. While the immediate solution may be obvious, try spraying the channels with silicone spray with the windows down to get it deep inside. DO NOT use a non-stick cooking spray...don't ask me how I know!

Yup, had the same problem with both my '87 and my son's '87 4Runner. Solution is easy, spray silicone in the tired old dried out rubber channels that the windows ride in. If you feel like it, pop off the door panels, peel back the plastic, and lube all the inner workings of the crank mechanism. Good as new.

excellent. thank you for your replies. i knew there had to be something but wasnt sure what product to use. I will also lube the crank mechanism as well. This may be a good time to finally give inand rewire my speakers to the door while ive got the panel off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom