Window Won't Roll Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishTown

TLCA Member #29560
Threads
Did a little bit of searching and didn't find quite what I was looking for. My passenger side rear window will roll down but not up. Took the whole regulator out of the door for testing. Tried using a known good window switch and a known good regulator/motor and got the same result. So the issue seems to be upstream somewhere. Would this be a relay issue? I'm not an electrical guy so beyond narrowing down where the issue is, I'm a little out of my element. Again, it DOES roll down just fine, but DOES NOT roll up. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: For clarity, it will not roll up from either the master switch on the driver door or on the rear passenger door itself. They will both roll the window down.

Last edited:
If you supply power and ground directly to the motor does the window go up properly? If it goes down just switch pos and beg and should go up. But I’d just confirm the motor actually goes up first before I spent any time diagnosing switches.

If you supply power and ground directly to the motor does the window go up properly? If it goes down just switch pos and beg and should go up. But I’d just confirm the motor actually goes up first before I spent any time diagnosing switches.
I took the motor/regulator out completely and tested it on the rear driver’s side and it goes up and down just fine. I also tried the rear driver side switch (known hood switch) on the the rear passenger side and it won’t roll it up either. So the switch is good and the motor is good. And it will only roll down.

I’d look at the FSM wiring diagram first. Then check any applicable fuses. The inspect wiring harness and connectors.

1. Start by inspecting the pins of the switch plug on that side. Make sure all the mating connectors are sitting in the plug properly and gently pull on each wire to make sure its not loose. Sometimes these connectors break and the switch pins no longer make contact.

Last edited:
Here you go:

1628597096916.png

According to this diagram the blue wire provides fused power to the main switch in the drivers door and to each individual switch. Looks like there is only one common ground through the "Lock switch" on the drivers master window switch. I'm assuming if the lock switch is flipped then it looks like none of the windows will work.

* By this diagram it looks like the motors are not powered through a relay but could be wrong.

* In the MASTER SWITCH resting state all the contacts are in the ground position.

* The other door switches when not activated connect back to the master switch.

* When you rock a switch forward or backwards you provide power to one side of the motor or the other depending on UP or Down.

* The master switch gets a 12v source and each door switch gets its own 12v power supply however all of the switches ground through the master switch.

So by this diagram....if you have no up motor at an individual door and you have swapped in a known good switch and you have confirmed the motor works in both directions....then I would:

Check to see if the master switch is switching ground properly for the UP position of the switch. If this is good then verify the wiring is good between the master and door switch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom