Window stains (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

The windows in my LX470 are stained where the bottom of the glass meets the rubber the trim. It’s almost like the rubber has leached into the glass as it’s deteriorated over the years.

I’ve tried window cleaner, window polish and lots of elbow grease, to no avail.

I intend to replace the trims, but any suggestions for how to remove the stains from the windows?

Thanks

Michael

2DDA557E-A8E3-4D57-8D1B-6DA180ADAADE.jpeg

CE5BD58A-191C-4C11-9094-A42CD191E7E8.jpeg

I'd guess that's hard water staining (calcium). This sort of staining is real tough. You need a compound that's got some acid and/or abrasive that's glass safe. I bought some silly-expensive stuff off a viral Instagram ad years ago that's amazing with this sort of glass stain. Pretty sure it cost them $.05 to make the bottle of mystery cream I have, but they can keep the cash because the stuff works amazingly well on stains I couldn't get with CLR or glass cleaner.

I think the stuff below is similar to what I have, but I can't vouch for any of these myself. Buyer beware...

Is it definitely on the exterior of the window?

It looks like the crud that builds up when a window tint film begins to peel at the bottom from rubbing the sealing lip. Adhesive residue remain, dirt and dust stick to it. If you can't get it off the outside with glass polish, paint/lacquer thinner or a flat-blade scraper... Maybe it's inside?

My $.02 hit it with whatever polish, solution, etc. when you pull the trim. You will have a little more room to do your polishing (and it wont get on the new trim)...

Try a single edge razor blade for starters. If it's not etched into the glass, the razor blade should take it off.

Mr clean mr clean mr clean magic eraserssss

I've gotten good results from this stuff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom