Window runs- easy way? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am trying to install new window runs in the front windows. I have Fatmatted the doors and do not want to cut through that to install the new runs if at all possible. I started at the front and installed the new run by spraying silicone spray on the metal track of the door and then sliding the run into it. It worked great for the front. Then I put the run into the door frame over the top and down the back. I am stuck at the rear of the front window. I siliconed it a few times but just can't seem to get enough of it to slide into the door frame. Does anyone have a good way to do this, again, without taking the trim panel off, etc? Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

I moved the window up but left enough room to get my hand through (about 4 inches from the top). I kept pushing the run down. The run will not go in a lot at this point; maybe a few mm at a time. When you cannot push the run in anymore, lower the window a bit more and try again. Keep in mind the you can rock the window a little bit as well.

I could only get the run about halfway down on it's own. To get the last bit I would roll the window up several inches above the door, pinch the run on the glass and push down while rolling the window down. Do this a few times until the run is fully installed.

Good advice. As "luck" would have it, my wife left the garage door open all night. It got pretty cold and the run stiffened up considerably and I was able to shove it down fairly easily. Also did the driver side in the cold and it went ok. Not easy, but doable. MUCH easier than taking the door panel off.

I am sure I did help, but I think not as much as I had hoped. Hard to tell though as the temp has been fluctuating quite a bit. I'll be able to tell Bette next week when it's supposed to stay a bit colder all week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom