Window run lube - Ballistol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bcfishingreports.com
I've had slow or stuck windows that seem quite common amongst the 80 series. The rear driver's got stuck so badly the glass popped off the holder. I've tried cleaning the runs and using things like silicone spray lube...but everytime it rains, seems to get stuck again.

I happened upon a video in Youtube that showed a guy using Ballistol wipes to fix a stuck window in an 80 series in England. I couldn't find any retailer local to me, so I ordered a spray bottle from Ebay USA and a package of wipes from England. Tried them today, and the Ballistol wipes seem to have really cleaned the runs completely...a couple of sprays into the channel, and the windows are going up and down like they should.

Don't know how long the fix is going to last...it's going to rain tonight, so I'll know by tomorrow. It was worth a try prior to spending a few hundred bucks on new runners anyway. :cheers:

I have tried all and ended up with a new motor and runners! Now, it works like she did when she was new in 93!:cheers:

Sig material for sure :cheers:

x2, LOL... :D

I did read that in the pamphlet that came with the spray. Said that when it dries, it turns back to clear and still lubricates as it should. Thought it was worth a try anyway...if it doesn't, then I'll use it on my firearms. :D

Well...found out at least one downside to this product this morning...it stinks something aweful!!! LOL.

The inside of my 80 now smells like fish.

Well, considering your avatar, that would not seem to be a problem. :p

Well, considering your avatar, that would not seem to be a problem. :p

Somewhat true...but I mostly catch and release...and my truck smelled more like I caught a carp and threw it into the back of the truck for a week in mid-summer...lol.

when it's wet, it turn's white and creamy, and now it smells like fish?? Come on now.

I have tried all and ended up with a new motor and runners! Now, it works like she did when she was new in 93!:cheers:

Ditto. I tried several fixes but a new run is what solved it for me. Works great now. I can use drive-thru windows again.

Don't wanna hijack the thread so, if anyone has had luck removing quarter window glass (for cleaning) without using the FSM method, please PM me. Thanks.

Well...found out at least one downside to this product this morning...it stinks something aweful!!! LOL.

The inside of my 80 now smells like fish.
I am sure it is not as bad as rodent piss and poop!

that's it tap. I had to order some too. This looks like pretty good stuff for a cruiser to carry anyways. Stoner, have you ever tried it on lures for fish attractant?

Okay it's been long enough for an AAR. How's it working now, since it's been a few days? Smell dissipating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom