Window re-Tint ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2006 LC has tinted windows that I'm guessing are original.
Anyone know if it's a good/bad idea to replace these?
They seem to transmit a lot of yellowish light and don't seem to be very good at blocking sunlight light anymore.
Maybe they just kind of lose effectiveness over time. or maybe they have always been bad, who knows.
Anyways, thx for any information/experiences/suggestions.

I think the factory tint is in the glass, not a sheet that you put on.

I think the factory tint is in the glass, not a sheet that you put on.
Yup. The factory tint is a dyed glass. Can't be removed or changed.

Aftermarket window tint technology has improved drastically in the last decade or so. Tint prior to that (and still today if you go cheap) decays and discolors. If you have old tint film on the car, it can absolutely be removed and new, modern tint that will never discolor could be applied. Should be pretty standard stuff for any tint shop.

The privacy glass on the rears all the way to the back has uv coating on it (thin polarized layer) and is permanent dye applied on it like what @suprarx7nut said which makes the glass a little more $$$ than your regular honda civic windows. You can still peel out the aftermarket tint on it to expose the clarity of the glass but still get the uv protection current dark tints offer.

@OEMGUY0720 u mean like just apply a newer tint to them?
i'm not sure they have any aftermarket tinting, it seems they are more like OEM as @suprarx7nut was describing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom