Window problems on 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My front left window on my 60 rolls itself down with the help of gravity. Because the door frame is welded shut i only have the large holes cut out to look through and cant figure out what to do to problem solve. is this a simple fix? whats next step?

You can unbolt the window regulator and take it out. Sounds like its really worn out. Or possibly missing parts.

It's held in by very few bolts. I think you unbolt the glass itself from the regulator and then unbolt the regulator from the door then it just lifts out.

This is what the regulator looks like when its out. I did that about 8 months ago when I lubed it up to smooth out the rolling.

DSC00032.jpg

Pretty easy to tell what needs to come off to get it out when you look at it.

Here it is in the door (I had the crank on for moving purposes)

DSC00033.jpg

Great information. Thank you. So if the regulator is worn, i asume i need to replace it? Or is there somthing that can be done to repare it?

Usually not the gear teeth wear out

Great information. Thank you. So if the regulator is worn, i asume i need to replace it? Or is there somthing that can be done to repare it?

No problem. And like Dieseler said if the part is worn its going to need replacing. The window crank shaft rides in a little stamped circle. Mine is kind of oval, so my regulator is a little worn out, but the gears, and sliders are still good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom