Window Motor Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fazed.org
Window Motor Parts (w/Pics)

Hey All

I'd been having some trouble with my '94 driver side window recently. It would snag at certain points going up (sometimes down as well) and make a nice loud, buzzing noise. :confused:

Took apart the door panel thinking it may be a track issue, as the window had been a bit wobbly. Tracks all looked fine, nothing loose, plenty of grease, etc...

Test the window, while giving it assistance up and the motor finally has enough.

Great:censor:it's dead. :mad: Or so I thought.

I remove the whole assembly, take the motor off and run it on it's own. Works fine rolling down, but going up it stops at a certain point. I move the little sprocket and it works...until it rotates about 3/4 turn then stops.

I pull the gray cover off the motor assembly

DSCN2979a.jpg

DSCN2980.jpg

I remove the gear assembly

Apparently the screw mechanism had chewed into the plastic gear. :mad:

DSCN2981a.jpg

DSCN2983a.jpg

So...now what to do? Can I replace this part? Do I have to spend $300 to replace the entire motor assembly for what amounts to a broken piece of plastic??

I called my local Toyota parts dealer and they were of little help (as usual).

Anybody out there with a blown window motor want to send me this piece? I'll pay shipping and toss in a few $$ for the effort.:beer:

Thanks
Mitchell

DSCN2985.jpg

DSCN2987.jpg

Last edited:
Not serviced, gotta buy a complete assembly or start hopping junkyards....:frown:

If you have the time and energy for the junk yard thing, the gear from another Toyota may be the same, 4runner, Tacoma, etc?

Not serviced, gotta buy a complete assembly or start hopping junkyards....:frown:
that's too bad...for something so simple too. ugh...guess i'll be hunting.

but if someone happens to have their old motor laying around. I'd love to have this gear.

Well, seeing as how I don't really want to spend $300 for what would amount to a piece of plastic...and I don't want to be without a window while I hunt the junkyards...here's my alternative.

Take a dab of epoxy plus a small triangle file. Throw in a little patience and a steady hand :cool: and…
DSCN2989a.jpg

DSCN2991.jpg

DSCN2990.jpg

I'm going to test it out today...wish me luck!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom