Window motor issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My window motor is having a hard time rolling up the passenger rear window. That is the only window you can't buy. No one has them. Toyota, O'Reillys, AutoZone, Napa. They don't even list the part numbers or anything at the parts stores. I haven't been rolling my windows down. Which really bums me out, because I always keep them down! @chrismenke had a known good window motor and regulator for sale. So I bought them. Just installed it and same issue. I lubed all the tracks and the moving parts with garage door lube. The window now goes up slowly. It still seems to be binding though. Any ideas?

Video of the current issue

Last edited:
Are you sure it's a regulator/motor issue? My front passenger window only rolls up/down when I wiggle the wiring loom in the driver door.

I don't think it's motor. I swapped it out and it does the same thing. So I'm trying to see if anyone else has had this issue or any ideas on what could be going on. I don't think it's a wiring issue either.

FWIW, my passenger motor appeared to operate fine, and the regulator appeared to move freely, but once it was all bolted together, the years of wear on the rollers creates enough slack to cause it to bind up a bit and roll slow. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit about 3 years ago and it's been working beautifully.

How fast does it go up and down with a window? If it's slow without a window then you've likely got a wiring issue. Time to pull the meter out and measure the amps the motor is pulling for passenger and driver door.

Are you sure it's a regulator/motor issue? My front passenger window only rolls up/down when I wiggle the wiring loom in the driver door.

You have a broken wire in the wiring bundle in the rubber conduit between the door and the left kick panel, fuse block.

You have a broken wire in the wiring bundle in the rubber conduit between the door and the left kick panel, fuse block.
Yeah, I know. I just haven't had time to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom