Window issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I had the door panels off for new paint. In the process of putting everything back together, installing speakers, etc.

When I plugged in the master switch, the driver side window doesn’t work and the left rear window doesn’t work. Odd, because they both worked previously.

Passenger front and rear both work fine.

I have taking a master switch that is known good from two other cruisers, and I get the same result.

Next step is to power each of the window motors to see if they still work, but it would be odd for them to both go out at the same time.

The 30 amp fuse in the left kick panel must be good, otherwise the other windows wouldn’t work correct?

Any other thoughts?

Time for a power probe...

Bizarre! Both motors went bad at the same time. The odds of that?!?

Paint in the connectors?
I checked, nope. Cleaned really good, notta. Had a spare motor, works great.

I wonder if the local alternator repair shop can rebuild these little motors.

I have had luck when my motor starting having issues to pull it clean up the old grease on the regulator and gear area. Then pull the motor and open it clean up everything inside with electric contact cleaner. Put back together and it ran way faster and no more issues. You be surprised from the amount of carbon inside from the brushes

I have had luck when my motor starting having issues to pull it clean up the old grease on the regulator and gear area. Then pull the motor and open it clean up everything inside with electric contact cleaner. Put back together and it ran way faster and no more issues. You be surprised from the amount of carbon inside from the brushes
This. Plus if those motors were out in the cold, the grease becomes wax.

How many beers did you drink while removing all 4 motors. I am thinking you started on the passenger side and by the time you got to the drivers side you were past #6. This could have caused you to ruin the motors one way or another.

JK, I am probably way off target here, I need to stop self projecting.......

In all seriousness, it is really weird that you had two motors fail while doing maintenance on your doors. I bet something weird happe ed, I don't believe in coincidences. Maybe they got shorted out or something.

I really think you should try taking them to the alternator repair guy. And if all else fails you always got the doorman option.

Goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom