Window issue "multiple attempts to fix" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My front driver's side window started acting up and sometimes would not roll up. So I removed the window switch and ended up breaking it when putting it back together. Bought a brand new from the switch doctor. Still no go..... Remove the motor and it is working. Put it back together and still no up or down. Any thoughts???

My front driver's side window started acting up and sometimes would not roll up. So I removed the window switch and ended up breaking it when putting it back together. Bought a brand new from the switch doctor. Still no go..... Remove the motor and it is working. Put it back together and still no up or down. Any thoughts???

Remove the window run and either clean it or replace :cool:

If you can post a pic I'm sure I can help, are you getting power and ground to the motor when it is installed?

thanks
lee

Hey FireMarshal,

I have the exact same problem with my passenger side (your driver) on my HDJ. It likely is not anything nearly as technical as you may think....

My window glass binds up on the rear track (the "run" as Snake Eater puts it more properly) if you put it all the way down it will not go up unless you play with the glass a little. You will likely find that if you just jiggle it a little front to back while playing with the up/down button it will come up. Once mine is up, if I don't roll it all the way down (leave 1" sticking up) it will run up and down freely.
Keep in mind when you are trying to get it back up that the motor has some sort of safety in it that will not go up when it feels too much resistance.

I have not had a chance to spend enough time on it to fix it yet....

Hopefully my blabbering makes sense.

Doug

I had a problem with my door locks working intermittently. I fixed the problem on several doors by removing the electric motor, opening it up, then cleaning the contacts. They've worked great ever since. I cannot remember the construction of the window motor, but I did replace mine several years ago when my window failed to operate. Wonder if the same thing would have helped.

Doug,

Thanks man, it is working again. Man what a difference the new window switch has made.

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom