Window Glass Run Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here either personally replaced or had a shop replace the window glass runs? The run on my driver's side is shrinking/failing and it makes an annoying whistling noise. I'm a little hesitant to mess with taking apart the window unless it's easier than I'm making it out to be. What kind of shop would even replace this part? Body shop or dealer?

I'd try some dry lube to stop stop the whistling noise. But the runs are easy to replace - they're flexible and can be popped out of the frame.

run.JPG

I'd try some dry lube to stop stop the whistling noise. But the runs are easy to replace - they're flexible and can be popped out of the frame.

Does the door panel need to come off/window glass need to be removed? I assume 'yes' to both but I've been wrong before... The top rear corner of the run is pulling back from the door/window frame which is causing the whistling noise so I don't think any lube will help, but thanks for the idea.

Edit: My pic doesn't seem to be working... Let me know if you can see it.

IMG-2514.jpg

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68151-60032​
Run Channel​
$84.12​
1​
$84.12​
68141-60042​
Run Channel​
$84.12​
1​
$84.12​

There's a parallel thread on this subject I couldn't readily find. These are the part numbers to replace both sides - just ordered myself as mine stick badly in winter and needed service. I tried using dry lube, etc, with only slight short term improvement.

The thread explained to lower the window, remove the glass - and then DONT touch the window again or you'll mess up the anti-pinch setting. The rubber then pulls out and is replaced [from what I was told, have yet to do it.]

There is a thread i posted in that describes the process its straight forward and my window has been working great like brand new.

There is a thread i posted in that describes the process its straight forward and my window has been working great like brand new.
Figures. I searched "run" (what the part is called in the parts fiche) and "track" but not "channel"... Thanks! I'll run through your thread and get the runs/tracks/channels ordered.

Here's a link to Biga27110's thread for anyone in the future that stumbles onto this thread: Window channel/guide install - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/window-channel-guide-install.1224063/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom