Window Electrical Problem 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For starters, I have been looking for a thread that has addressed my issue and have not found anything yet. If you know of a thread that is pertaining to my exact issue then please direct me that way! Ok with that out of the way, I have a 1994 land cruiser and am rebuilding her currently while daily driving it, Ik it is the dream right.

My driver-side rear window motor will only go up and not go down, this is from the front master switch and from the exact door. I have a new motor and it still doesn't work both ways. I removed the old motor, it was corroded. the positive electrical seems a little dirty (I can send a picture if that would be helpful). Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do/ has anyone else had this issue?

For starters, I have been looking for a thread that has addressed my issue and have not found anything yet. If you know of a thread that is pertaining to my exact issue then please direct me that way! Ok with that out of the way, I have a 1994 land cruiser and am rebuilding her currently while daily driving it, Ik it is the dream right.

My driver-side rear window motor will only go up and not go down, this is from the front master switch and from the exact door. I have a new motor and it still doesn't work both ways. I removed the old motor, it was corroded. the positive electrical seems a little dirty (I can send a picture if that would be helpful). Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do/ has anyone else had this issue?
Most likely the contacts in the master switch in the driver's door. If it is an OEM Toyota switch, you can take it apart and clean and straighten the contacts and put it together (assuming you don't lose the springs and get it all back together correctly) or you can buy a new master switch from Switchpro.com and buy a new one for about $45.

My LR window did not operate at all, I pulled the switch, tried to short cut it, and fought it, finally installed a new master and problem solved. I've had the switchpro now for about 8 years with no issues.

Most likely the contacts in the master switch in the driver's door. If it is an OEM Toyota switch, you can take it apart and clean and straighten the contacts and put it together (assuming you don't lose the springs and get it all back together correctly) or you can buy a new master switch from Switchpro.com and buy a new one for about $45.

My LR window did not operate at all, I pulled the switch, tried to short cut it, and fought it, finally installed a new master and problem solved. I've had the switchpro now for about 8 years with no issues.
Thank you! looking for switch pro and can't find it, by any chance did you mean switch doctor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom