Window crank handles (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone upgraded thier manual window cranks handles? Looking for something durable, metal, possibly with a bit longer socket to extend into the door card a bit. Any specs, info, advice is appreciated!

Good timing. I bought a non-OEM replica a couple years ago and my passenger stripped it out right after she broke the outside door handle. A billet aluminum crank would be cool

Yeah I’m done with the plastic ones.. would be good to get some cross referencing info and post to FAQ. My custom door cards are thicker than stock and the handles are too tight

Type with a set screw would be nice and more reliable and easier R&R if they’re available

I really don't understand what all this fuss is about, the OE ones are still available from Toyota and I only bought a set as backup because the original 35 year old ones are still there but work fine...

Maybe the cheap aftermarket ones break ?

The window cranks are plastic for a reason. If you put metal ones on there, you could potentially damage the regulator or any of the window components by being able to transfer more force rather than the plastic splines slipping/stripping. If your window crank will not move the window... something else is wrong.

The window cranks are plastic for a reason. If you put metal ones on there, you could potentially damage the regulator or any of the window components by being able to transfer more force rather than the plastic splines slipping/stripping. If your window crank will not move the window... something else is wrong.
Good point

I admit, some metal window cranks would look super badass

I managed to round over and wear out the gears on the Drivers side front regulator with the plastic crank handles... so don’t know if metal would be any different/worse. Many many older cars used metal.

I bought some aftermarket ones off that eBay are crap. I didn’t realize they were still available from Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom