Window channel weathersripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm planning on completely replacing the window channels,inside and outside weatherstrip (parts you arm would rest on if window is down) on my 1/80 FJ40

For the channels I'm planning on going with the OEM black rubber instead of the chrome bead. Will this work on my year? It says these are for 8/80 to 10/84, but I've read on here that the rubber ones are better.

For the horizontal weatherstrip/squeegee/belt (where your arm would rest) I plan on using the inside OEM belt, but for the outside belt I'd like to use the later part made of rubber for 6/80 to 1/84 instead of the chrome bead and felt. Again, will this work on my 1/80 pig?

All advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Again, will this work on my 1/80 pig?

All advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Are you inquiring about pig (Fj55) parts or Fj40 parts? The FJ40 chrome and non-chrome window channels and felts are interchangeable.

Dealers still stock all the parts for a widow rebuild!

My drivers window is really hard to lower on the last 1/3, is this what you are experiencing?

Just finished replacing my channel runs today! I have a 79 and got them from my local Toyota dealer. What a difference! Also replaced the belt strips.

Just changed complete rubbers and mechanism and locks for all the doors on my 82 fj40. All from the dealer.

Vegasfj40,

Do you have Toyota part #s? Where they the all rubber later style or the chrome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom