wind noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replaced windshield on 2000 landcruiser . Lots of wind noise. Help, looking for 12 page FSM to install windshield.
thanks

Did you do it yourself? How long have you had the LC?

I had mobile glass repair do the job. I bought the LC in 2000 as brand new.

I have it too, and even used Lexus installer and glass. Took it back but they say it's not the windshield but the FR rack - it's not the FR rack but short of taking it off, which I might do, I can't prove them wrong.

I had mobile glass repair do the job. Bought LC in 2000 new.

I have it too, and even used Lexus installer and glass. Took it back but they say it's not the windshield but the FR rack - it's not the FR rack but short of taking it off, which I might do, I can't prove them wrong.

You can tape off the windshield moldings with masking tape, if the noise then goes away that pretty much proves your case.

I had an improperly installed windshield. Made wind noise. With mine, the little window for the VIN was not lined up right - the windshield was too low in the space. You could check this.

My noise if up near the passenger side headliner - so roof rack noise is a potential. Yet, ironically, I have a water leak on that side too.

if it's the rack, the bars have a front and a back. don't remember if it's wide-side front or wide-side rear. could be installed backwards?

help. need 12 pages of FSM how to install windshield on 2000 LC.

black said:
help. need 12 pages of FSM how to install windshield on 2000 LC.

Search "Shop Manual" in this forum. Click on my link. I don't remember if the "12 pages" is in there.

Sent via iPhone using IH8MUD

Correct install, including continuous sealant and correct rivets seem to cure most wind noise. Shop manual not necessary. I had copied the pages for the guy who did mine but he didn't need them. There is a lot in there that doesn't "need" to be done fot a noise-free install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom