Winch Solenoids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know a good place to find winch solenoids? I need a Prestolite part, but I can only find them for $25 each.... If that is the price, fine. I would like a better quality part, but it has to fit in the box.

I took on of the burnt units apart, and I think it was amazingly cheezy. The contactor was pretty wrecked, and the terminal studs were in bad shape too. The construction of the contactor left something to be desired as well.

Jim

That seems about right for a continuious duty solenoid...

What brand winch are you working on?

What size electrical cable are you using to power the winch, and how are the connections?

TLC, I can sympathize with you. When I took apart my rear winch (Suckerwinch X9) I was amazed at how low of quality parts where in there. There was a company, I think in Sweden (will try to find the name, but don't know if I can) that made high quality solenoids to replace it with), the ones from Sweden were like 3x the price. If you're really stuck for ideas, maybe take it to an electrical motor shop and see if they have any thoughts.

[quote author=Junk link=board=14;threadid=11965;start=msg109499#msg109499 date=1077632116]
TLC, I can sympathize with you. When I took apart my rear winch (Suckerwinch X9) I was amazed at how low of quality parts where in there. There was a company, I think in Sweden (will try to find the name, but don't know if I can) that made high quality solenoids to replace it with), the ones from Sweden were like 3x the price. If you're really stuck for ideas, maybe take it to an electrical motor shop and see if they have any thoughts.
[/quote]

Albright's?

They are Prestolite solenoids. They are used in Warns and in my case a Ramsey Pro Plus 9000. The winch has seen several hard pulls (65 stumps in 2 weekends once - one that almost had the tires off the ground. I am going to replace only the power 'In' set. The out has been fine.

Jim

TOZ, yeah, I think that's the name. Sounds familiar at least. Hey, I never claimed to have a good memory. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom