Winch Solenoid Just Clicks - But Wired In Cab Controls Work Fine - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I installed an antenna up/down switch for in cab control of my Super Winch a few months ago, and now the winch won't work with the wired remote which comes with the winch. When I plug in the remote and try to operate the winch it just clicks, for either in or out. The in cab controls work fine, the winch works fine going both in and out with those controls.

Any obvious solution come to mind? I'm all ears, electrical things are not my strong suit. I should add that I don't think I've used the wired remote since I installed the in cab controls, so I don't know that the wired remote worked at all after installation of my in cab controls.

Thanks!
Russ

Hey Guys,

I installed an antenna up/down switch for in cab control of my Super Winch a few months ago, and now the winch won't work with the wired remote which comes with the winch. When I plug in the remote and try to operate the winch it just clicks, for either in or out. The in cab controls work fine, the winch works fine going both in and out with those controls.

Any obvious solution come to mind? I'm all ears, electrical things are not my strong suit. I should add that I don't think I've used the wired remote since I installed the in cab controls, so I don't know that the wired remote worked at all after installation of my in cab controls.

Thanks!
Russ

I have the opposite problem..my corded controller on the b.c winch works fine, but my antennae switch control in the dash has quit working. It was installed by the P O. And both worked great when I bought the rig. Did you buy the kit or did you wire it from scratch? I need a wiring diagram so I can troubleshoot mine.

I did mine on my own, but now I'm thinking I didn't do it as well as I thought. The clicking makes me think the connections are making contact, but are not robust enough to carry the necessary current. Does that sound right?

I did mine on my own, but now I'm thinking I didn't do it as well as I thought. The clicking makes me think the connections are making contact, but are not robust enough to carry the necessary current. Does that sound right?

Sounds exactly right to me. And in some cases it might be wise to use blocking diodes when wiring switches for winch operation. I would also incorporate a emergency cut off on one of the battery leads. IF a switch or solenoid were ever to stick...you'll know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom