Winch control box placement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just had Slee mount a Comeup 9.5rs winch on the front bar of my 2007 100 series. Like the winch, but the control box was mounted on a bracket that sits up 1.5 inches above the mounting plate on the ARB bar? Saw a Ronny Dahl video where the conversation was to avoid too much obstruction of air flow to the radiator to keep things cools and wonder if if can relocate the control box and maybe Swap out the Hellas for a light bar to increase air flow to grill?

6B0A4752-EACF-4006-B336-5E1B17CC0E30.jpeg

I mounted mine in front of the front right side of the radiator with like 2 in of clearance and have had no issues with temperature control. I don't live in Straya, but I do live in MS. I'm very happy with my mounting set up.

I don't run a 2nd battery and my AHC was removed 2 years ago. I have the Slee 2nd battery tray though and that's where my dual compressor and winch control box are mounted. I had to make my own extensions for the wiring using BIG gauge wires.

I wouldn't worry about airflow from the small come-up controller plugin. Ronny is 4wd'ing along the tropic of Capricorn in a part of the world that is seasonally a lot hotter than we are here.

The location is a good one if you do a lot of winching. My controller is inside of my bumper, so when I need it I have to pop the hood and connect the controller behind the grill. It's fine, but I were to need it a lot more than I do (maybe once or twice a year) I'd relocate it to where you have it.

That being said, you can also extend the leads and mount it under your hood. There are plenty of good spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom