Winch control box in dissent front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody with a dissent front bumper that can take me some pictures of how their winch control box is mounted/accessed......

I have my trusty M8000 sitting on the work bench but haven't figured out control box mounting and would like to before i pull the bumper off to mount it since it's my wife's daily.

Thank you!

The control box is accessed through the front of the bumper. I have the Come Up winch and it is secured with a bracket to the winch. The bracket was supplied by Dissent. I would check with them if there is anything specific needed for the M8000 to be mounted.

83EE8F8B-6D46-427E-AA53-5238FBAB64CA.jpeg

The control box is accessed through the front of the bumper. I have the Come Up winch and it is secured with a bracket to the winch. The bracket was supplied by Dissent. I would check with them if there is anything specific needed for the M8000 to be mounted.

View attachment 3215627

Was that bracket provided along with the purchase of the bumper?

I had the winch installed at the same time they did the bumper so I am not sure on the specifics of it’s included with just a bumper purchase.

I don't think mine came with a bracket for the box.

My bumper is a little different than yours I think but I appriciate the picture. Basically looks like the box is mounted to the winch and then just accesible through the opening. Which is pretty much what i needed to know. My m8000 was that way originally when it was on my car hauler forever ago.

Interesting. Feels like that wouldn’t be easy to get the cord plugged in. Unless I’m looking at it wrong.

Interesting. Feels like that wouldn’t be easy to get the cord plugged in. Unless I’m looking at it wrong.
The box is situated to where you can easily plug in the cord if you need it; however, must of us use the wireless comeup controller. Also, the Dissent bracket is made for the comeup controller, but you could easily adapt it to others, depending on box size.

My dissent front bumper didn't come with a bracket for the winch box. I'll have to fabricate something. Cole at dissent mentioned that they only supply that bracket if you buy a winch from them.

The control box relocation bracket only works with the ComeUp winches so they are typically only supplied if you purchase the winch with the order or let us know that you already have the winch
Makes sense. I told you guys I had the M8000. Love the bumper by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom