1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this work in the 100 series Land Cruiser?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by 98LXand99LC, Feb 10, 2004.

1. 98LXand99LC

98LXand99LC

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    my 2000 LC has a place for an opener, it looks different however

3. shocker

shocker

LandPimp,

The LX470 item isn't a garage door opener "holder", it's actually a garage door opener. You take your regular opener, hold it close to this unit while simultaneously depressing the button on your opener and one of the buttons on this unit, and this device learns your opener's frequency.

So thereafter, you do not need your garage door opener, you just press a permanent button in your overhead console.

Kinda cool, but kinda bling at the same time. I guess it's getting fairly common in higher end cars anymore, though. Along with my dad's LX470, my mom's Volvo has it too.

4. 98LXand99LC

98LXand99LC

Yea, Shocker's got it. My wife's LX has it, I stuck my opener in the one I have (like LP's 2000). The range on my wife's opener is about twice what mine is, so it seems to be a better system. Maybe because it's hard wired vs. the battery unit I'm using.

5. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    makes sense, I was trying to figure out where you stuff the opener into on the Lexus.......

I don't have a garage door opener but have 7 gate openers.........I carry em in a bag along with a ring of over 50 keys.......

[quote author=shocker link=board=2;threadid=11299;start=msg102494#msg102494 date=1076425313]
    LandPimp,

The LX470 item isn't a garage door opener "holder", it's actually a garage door opener. You take your regular opener, hold it close to this unit while simultaneously depressing the button on your opener and one of the buttons on this unit, and this device learns your opener's frequency.

So thereafter, you do not need your garage door opener, you just press a permanent button in your overhead console.

Kinda cool, but kinda bling at the same time. I guess it's getting fairly common in higher end cars anymore, though. Along with my dad's LX470, my mom's Volvo has it too.
    [/quote]

6. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

dont know too much about the wiring of it but the wifes 02 maxima has one that lives inside the ds sun visor. might be a cleaner install than modifying the console box.
    Dave