Will this engine fit in an FJ40 engine bay?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
homepage.mac.com
Stroker SB with cam to reach max torque at 3400 rpm.
DSCN1011.JPG

To paraphrase:

It's just metal - it can be made to fit.

Is it a good idea? I don't know, but I think the "grunt" of an I-6 is better for most uses that an FJ40 will address.

Kirk

Buddy in Colo. installed a 440 RB engine and experience "accelerated" rear tire wear with moderate gas pedal usage................

the only thing that would be stopping you, is your own ability.... not knowing what you can do; your the only one to answer this then... then you have to start working out kinks... is the 208 centered or offset? if its centered you could run the lc/mini centered hybrid axle... and so on and so forth

bandy rooster said:
the only thing that would be stopping you, is your own ability.... not knowing what you can do; your the only one to answer this then... then you have to start working out kinks... is the 208 centered or offset? if its centered you could run the lc/mini centered hybrid axle... and so on and so forth
Bandy has got it right. (can't believe that I just said that)

208 is centered rear, but chain driven IIRC not the best idea.

What happened to the axles out of the rig that the motor came out of.

Also, what size is the small block? 318???
More I assume considering that you said stroker.

Do the motor to whatever tranny you have to a 203 and then a split tcase. It won't break....
Course, you can start thinkin about a longer whelbase while you are at it....

1969 340 is the engine. +.040" forged etc.
The 208 that I have behind the 440 in the full size Ramcharger has taken many lo loc, on clean pavement WOT jaunts with 10.50's and there have been no issues other than my neck violently snapping back to the rear seat.
Interesting that many have an opinion of the ali case/ chain drive as being weak. I rebuilt my RC 208 several years back, minimal chain stretch and torroidal wear. Do need to check offset dimensions.
So be it. I am not doing 4.5's in Utah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom