Will this bull bar bolt up to a 60 bumper ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks-

DDC65A7E-D72D-4FD1-9C17-7BBC5B3965F9.jpeg

Many of those brush guards require a few extra holes to be drilled in the OEM bumper, so beware of that.

I’ve always wondered who manufactures these so called “brush guards”? Doesn’t appear to be a lot of hole drilling going on in the above example...which I whole heartedly approve. Would a better terminology be “brush“ or “parking lot ornaments“? Don’t kill the messenger, I like the style and it certainly propels original mystique of Grocery Getter (my ride since birth) to ESTATE WAGON. Then again, if occasionally traveling off-road in West Texas ranch land it might come in handy…especially when encountering a pissed-off Jackalope!
Just kidding guys…I like the style of all Land Cruisers…especially the style of one-of-a-kind OWNERSHIP! Here’s to all individual uses and styles.
P.S….appears those FJ’s above have excellent taste in lodging accommodations.

The term you are looking for is 'damage multiplier'. When you hit something with this 'brush guard' doo-dad, it bends back and takes out the grille, hood, and headlights. A simple accident becomes an expensive repair.

The FJ62 bumper is taller than the FJ60 bumper. So a brush guard that sandwiches the top and bottom of the bumper will need (thicker) shims. But that is easier to do than going the other way. But it is hard to tell from you picture how that guard actually mounts to the land cruiser.

Mine came with an old Warn brush guard and a winch that looks like the one in the photo.
It bolted into the factory holes, zero modifications.
When I removed it I just went back with the chrome bumper bolts.
Mines a 60.

I’ve always wondered who manufactures these so called “brush guards”? Doesn’t appear to be a lot of hole drilling going on in the above example...which I whole heartedly approve. Would a better terminology be “brush“ or “parking lot ornaments“? Don’t kill the messenger, I like the style and it certainly propels original mystique of Grocery Getter (my ride since birth) to ESTATE WAGON. Then again, if occasionally traveling off-road in West Texas ranch land it might come in handy…especially when encountering a pissed-off Jackalope!
Just kidding guys…I like the style of all Land Cruisers…especially the style of one-of-a-kind OWNERSHIP! Here’s to all individual uses and styles.
P.S….appears those FJ’s above have excellent taste in lodging accommodations.
Only good enough to push grocery carts out of the parking space!!

Thanks guys- I think I'm going to pass on it. SteveH I agree, force multiplier! Ill keep looking for an older ARB.
Man, buy American. @TRAIL TAILOR makes truly excellent bumpers. Here’s mine

6F29FD11-BCA7-48D4-B784-C6D00F0E273A.jpeg

Edit: not sure why it posted sideways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom