will this alternator fit a FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you are not afraid to grind then yes it will fit: 3FE 90 amp alternator sanity check
Been running mine for a year now and works great. I have a two spares as well as they are cheap.

There is a factory engine mount for the 3FE that suits the 90 amp alternator but I have yet to ever find one. Grind away!

Thank you for the link and explanation. So the ears on the FJ80 (91-92) are closer together and you grind the mount to put the rear ear inside of the mount?

@red66toy
Are the plugs the same or is there electrical work required?

Last edited:
Thank you for the link and explanation. So the ears on the FJ80 (91-92) are closer together and you grind the mount to put the rear ear inside of the mount?

@red66toy
Are the plugs the same or is there electrical work required?
Correct, the 90 amp mounting ears are closer together than the 80 amp. So the rear ear falls inside of the rear mounting face on the motor mount. To get a flush fit you have to grind the inner face of that rear mounting point flat. I think I posted a janky drawing of what I am getting at in that thread. The factory mount must have had that rear mounting face closer or something. But who knows. I have never seen one.
Electrically its all the same. Plugged right in. I added an extra wire from the alt directly to the battery (fused) to help boost the charging performance and not have it solely go through the old factory setup.

Its kinda a silly amount of work to only gain 10amps, but the cheap price of the denso alternator made it worth it to me.

Thanks for all the info. I am in the same boat. The OEM Denso reman 90 amp was $75 with no core charge. That's worth the bracket mod IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom