Will Sequoia Fan Shroud fit LC? my fan shroud broke replacing Timing Belt - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Team,

So I was replacing my Timing belt and while removing the fan my fan shroud kinda broke into pieces and when I took it all out it was pretty much cracked where I could not fix it. I was wondering if a Toyota Sequoia 4.7 fan shroud fit ours? I know the top part may need to be modified to pass the ac lines or so. But would it fit? From what I can see it is the same radiator size at least in length.

BTW I would look for a used fan shroud and not a new one.. cause both then are about the same pricing.

Thanks in advance.

So I know the parts number is not the same between the 2 cars.. as I mentioned it likely b/c of the AC lines that come from the top in the LC. These lines get connected to the LC fan shroud the clearly the Sequoia Fan shroud does not have.

I don't know how this will turn out. But I will greatly appreciate someone finding a way to use a Sequoia fan shroud.

The two piece Sequoia/Tundra/Tacoma design is as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

1639572514648.png

Check the part numbers and application cross reference.

Fan shroud is matched to the fan/ fan pitch & depth/ fan bracket and fan clutch. There is an optimal distance the fan sits inside the shroud in order to pull air effectively through the radiator. If the shroud is too short it will pull air from sides and not through radiator.

You’re better off ordering the right part or buying a used part- than trying to make something else work

I agree with @abuck99

A new OEM shroud is not expensive. $83 plus the ride from www.partsouq.com and $102 plus the ride from toyotapartsdeal.com

If it were me I’d just swap in a new one, or at least a good used unit before attempting a retro-fit.

Thank you for the information. I have a fairly new OEM Lexus fan shroud installed. I just prefer the two-piece design. It seems with this one-piece shroud, I've had more reasons to remove it than with others. It was just a thought from a convenience point of view. If they are easy to remove, then I rarely have a reason to remove them.

Check the part numbers and application cross reference.

Fan shroud is matched to the fan/ fan pitch & depth/ fan bracket and fan clutch. There is an optimal distance the fan sits inside the shroud in order to pull air effectively through the radiator. If the shroud is too short it will pull air from sides and not through radiator.

You’re better off ordering the right part or buying a used part- than trying to make something else work

I agree with @abuck99

A new OEM shroud is not expensive. $83 plus the ride from www.partsouq.com and $102 plus the ride from toyotapartsdeal.com

If it were me I’d just swap in a new one, or at least a good used unit before attempting a retro-fit.

Thank you for the information. I have a fairly new OEM Lexus fan shroud installed. I just prefer the two-piece design. It seems with this one-piece shroud, I've had more reasons to remove it than with others. It was just a thought from a convenience point of view. If they are easy to remove, then I rarely have a reason to remove them.

A two-piece would be tons easier. Used to do it every time on the 60 series, but that particular one mounts in a way that making the cuts is easy. I hate the ones we have, but they're inconvenient mostly because of other changes I made—big Slee battery tray, etc. It's always a full wrestling match to get it out without breaking.

Or maybe I'm just salty from the last radiator job, IDK.

A two-piece would be tons easier. Used to do it every time on the 60 series, but that particular one mounts in a way that making the cuts is easy. I hate the ones we have, but they're inconvenient mostly because of other changes I made—big Slee battery tray, etc. It's always a full wrestling match to get it out without breaking.

Or maybe I'm just salty from the last radiator job, IDK.

As fate would have it, my two-piece vehicles haven't been touched since the initial build -- in some cases over 10 years ago.

This one needs me to go in and remove the shroud for something every 8 to 10 months. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I think someone needs masochistic tendencies to own and self-inflict maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom