Will New Tundra Rims Fit My FZJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rims aren't in the greatest shape. I found a set of new take off Tundra rims, will they fit my Cruiser?

believe those are 17" x 7.5" ? Saw a set on a 80 series this weekend, looked suhweet....on my shoppin list too, but not 100% positive on the need for spacers....

They are the same as Sequioa rims right?

Talk to Clownmidget, he runs these rims and they look great.
40th_17_315.JPG

Those are them pictured above. I'm not too into wheel spacers though.

Filtyrich, I'll let you know when I get the new rims. Send me a PM so I have a reminder.

pics of spacers - front/rear

Here are shots from the front and back showing where the wheels sit with 1.5" spacers. Tires are 315/70R17.
wheel_spacer_front.jpg
wheel_spacer_rear.jpg

Looks good. Were the stock studs long enough with the spacers?

Right, what Woody said. The spacer has holes for your existing lugs. You use a shorter lug nut to attach the spacer so that the face of the spacer has none of your existing lugs or nuts showing. The spacer has 6 new lugs spaced in between the holes that you mount your wheel on.

Here is my front with my "brushed" aluminum AISIN lockout hub. The pic really doesn't do it justice with the smoked metallic Sequoia/Tundra rim. It looks pretty good in my opinion...

Need to get the center cap in a drill press to try and cut out the center. With the spacers it will nearly be flush with the hub dial so should look pretty good.
hub_large.jpg
hub_small.jpg

that AISIN hub looks sick with those wheels....nice.

thx lowridetide. I'm almost ready to post a link to a high res pic, that one above makes it look like crap. The alum cap and dial really buffed out super nice to nearly the same color as those wheels. Friday I'll try to fit the cap on and that should dress it up a bit more.

eekk noo!!!!! lock outs are much cooler....no caps!!!!!!!

clownmidget said:
Right, what Woody said. The spacer has holes for your existing lugs. You use a shorter lug nut to attach the spacer so that the face of the spacer has none of your existing lugs or nuts showing. The spacer has 6 new lugs spaced in between the holes that you mount your wheel on.

Here is my front with my "brushed" aluminum AISIN lockout hub. The pic really doesn't do it justice with the smoked metallic Sequoia/Tundra rim. It looks pretty good in my opinion...

Need to get the center cap in a drill press to try and cut out the center. With the spacers it will nearly be flush with the hub dial so should look pretty good.
Copycat
P1010061.JPG

Waggoner5 said:

Hahahaha...think I was the FIRST one to run them Gary my boy!!!...so copy copy copy cat!!!! :flipoff2:

kumar.cruizer.net

I run 1" spacers. anything over doesn't make 100% contact with the hubs. Don't forget, our rigs ride on the hubs, not lugs (like tacoma). So you want NO real weight on the lugs...which is what over spacing you will do.

Later,

Kumar

inacoma said:
Hahahaha...think I was the FIRST one to run them Gary my boy!!!...so copy copy copy cat!!!! :flipoff2:

kumar.cruizer.net

I run 1" spacers. anything over doesn't make 100% contact with the hubs. Don't forget, our rigs ride on the hubs, not lugs (like tacoma). So you want NO real weight on the lugs...which is what over spacing you will do.

Later,

Kumar

Not sure I understand...My junk has had 1 1/2" spacer for the last 40K with no issues. The spacer are wheel specific with a lip that the wheel sit on would that make a difference?

LandCruiserPhil said:
Not sure I understand...My junk has had 1 1/2" spacer for the last 40K with no issues. The spacer are wheel specific with a lip that the wheel sit on would that make a difference?

My spacers don't have this lip. Not sure if I've ever seen one, can you snap a pic of yours? Does this lip essentially extend the hub diameter?? Wheel specific spacer??? I have the std 6 lug to 6 lug from Performance.

I guess I would feel safer having the wheel sit on the stock hub...mainly cuz I sometimes tend to wheel pretty fast and hit the occassional bump pretty hard. I would rather that force be directed where it was designed to be directed. Of course, now i'm just "playing" engineer. 1" has worked well for me in keeping the entire wheel surface on the stock hub surface. But I am interested in what your spacer looks like still.

laterz,

kumar

inacoma said:
My spacers don't have this lip. Not sure if I've ever seen one, can you snap a pic of yours? Does this lip essentially extend the hub diameter?? Wheel specific spacer??? I have the std 6 lug to 6 lug from Performance.

I guess I would feel safer having the wheel sit on the stock hub...mainly cuz I sometimes tend to wheel pretty fast and hit the occassional bump pretty hard. I would rather that force be directed where it was designed to be directed. Of course, now i'm just "playing" engineer. 1" has worked well for me in keeping the entire wheel surface on the stock hub surface. But I am interested in what your spacer looks like still.

laterz,

kumar

They are made by Crow Automotive. Sorry no pics but I will try to remember the next time they are off. The spacer fits very tight on the hub and has a 1/4" lip that fits into the center of the Welds wheel. They claim them to be wheel centric and hub centric.

LandCruiserPhil said:
They are made by Crow Automotive. Sorry no pics but I will try to remember the next time they are off. The spacer fits very tight on the hub and has a 1/4" lip that fits into the center of the Welds wheel. They claim them to be wheel centric and hub centric.

is that a 1/4" steel lip or aluminum lip? But if it works for you, it works :) I would still be weary of such a small lip, I would not find 1/4" enough to cover the width of the hub mating surface on the wheel...of course, the weld wheel may have a narrower kerf, whereas the tundra rim is definitly over 1/4"...i'm not in town right now or I would measure. Does your rim got past the lip?

later,
k

This is entirely academic but here goes.

The Tundra/Sequoia rims are not hub-centric, no? There is certainly no hub visible on the Sequoias or Tundras I've checked out. Also, if the aluminum spacer is bolted to the Tundra/Sequoia wheel with the 6 lugs, I'd bet the two are functioning as a single piece so that when the aluminum spacer is slipped onto the hub it is actually making much more surface area contact with the hub in which to distribute forces - in this case either a full 1" or 1.25" of snugly fitted aluminum billet. Kumar, you might be getting the wheel to still sit on the hub but functionally I really doubt there is a difference as long as the spacer is well attached to the wheel.

Also, Gary - you don't even own that 80 anymore so buzz off :bounce: And Kumar was definitely the first one I ever saw run these. I got them about 1.5 years ago before they really got noticed for $200 from a bling-envy Orange Co fool. They are really hard to find for under $300 a set now.
Also for Gary - you didn't mount the center covers and those are not AISIN hubs, so there poop :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom