will it stay?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the seam in the middle of my hood is seperating it wont come apart completely but what is the best filler to put in it bondo ?
i've wanted to try lead like the oldguys back in the day.

Not sure what seam you are talking about but could it be welded?

it the seam on the older style hoods. my dads '70 has it. my dad put bondo in his and it lasted about a year and then it had to be redone.

are you sure it's seperating, or did someone fill it and the fillings coming loose. i don' t really see how it could seperate? of course i'm drunk and not thinking straight, but still..there's no pressure to the outer edges (except the hooks, but that's negated by the hood pressing against the apron).

they look good with the seam in the middle. i've got a late model hood on my 40 now (it looked good, so i put it on, then i discovered the bondo)...i hate it...it's just not the same. i even put the chrome strip on and it's still not the same. split hoods rule!!!!

mine is a 71 it has the seem straight down the middle , the movement wuold be caused when you use one corner to lift the hood.

Then don't do that! lol

I've been thinking about welding mine up, I'm tired of the engine always being wet. Rain water pools up on my aircleaner, and it's rusting.

fortunetly rain is not a problem in yuma az our problem is the dust storms it gets everywhere. besides that open seem looks nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom