Will ARB bumper fog lights work when connected to original 12v fog lamp wiring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
I've been attempting to get this ARB type of led fog lights to work when connected to the factory 12v wiring.

My supply wires deliver 12v when the fog switch is turned on. I cannot get the 12v original line to light up the led.

Is some type of led transformer required to be between the LED and the 12v supply line?

1602247438648.png

I think those lights require some sort of adapter harness to work with the original fog light wiring, but I may be wrong.

I think those lights require some sort of adapter harness to work with the original fog light wiring, but I may be wrong.

The kit came with these extra wires, transformer, fuse, and swtich like it was designed for a vehicle with no fog lights.

If the led fog lights will not work with the fog light power supply lines, its going to be painful installaiton.

1602248125868.png

The factory log light connector should give you ground and switched 12v...

Check and see if there is 12v across the ground and power pins of the fog light connector.. maybe the fuse is blown. As for what your LED lights require, the only way we can help is if we have some details.
2020-10-09_20h15_42.png

The factory log light connector should give you ground and switched 12v...View attachment 2460891
The factory log light connector should give you ground and switched 12v...

Check and see if there is 12v across the ground and power pins of the fog light connector.. maybe the fuse is blown. As for what your LED lights require, the only way we can help is if we have some details.
View attachment 2460891

That was the first thing that I checked tonight. I have 12 volts from the factory fog light harness when I switch on the light. The fuse is good.

I can take pictures tomorrow of the multi-meter tomorrow.

Other than dealing with the spaghetti, that extra harness isn't so painful. Connect your factory harness switch side of the relay (likely not plug and play, but gives control to the factory fog light switch), then the relay gets connects directly to the battery. Everything else looks pretty plug and play. Ignore the simple on/off switch and that wiring if you connect it this way.

And toss the vampire taps. They work until they don't. Here where it can be salty in the winter, the range is somewhere between 45 minutes and a year. 12V + water (salty or not) is guaranteed to corrode.

I just snipped off the factory plug and crimped on the plug for ARB fogs and that was all that was needed for the fogs to work.
I can take some pics for you tomorrow

Figured it out. Updated the wiring map for FOGs below. This is different from the turn signal lamp.

1602335812179.png

ARB Light Side

1602336036216.png

LX470 harness side.

1602336124318.png

Yes. I replaced round with heep lights and small rectangle with amazon specials. Both hooked to factory fog wiring and switch.

I finished the wiring installation. Instead of butt connectors, I went with Toyota style waterproof connectors from Owl Expedition. @Ramathorn15

If I decide to change out the lights or bumper at some future date, I can unplug this and add plugs to the new light or bumper. I like plug and play connections.

1602334039188.png

1602334077769.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom