Will an early (FJ40) front seats fit on later (HJ47) front rails? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I have two utterly destroyed front seats in my troopy. and I have access to two cheap seats from a FJ40.

What I want to know is can I unbolt the seats from the early model rails and bolt them to mine?

Any other ideas?

Laws in NSW are pretty strict on seats, no welding/fabricating brackets.

I know 74ish 40 seats well... Pics & year of your seats would help. I had a 45, but I've never seen the inside of a 47 in person.

I believe I've seen some threads of mixing and matching of years of 40 seats... 45 seats mount quite different. The trick will be mounting them so they look stock & unmodified.

New45
I'm not 100 % sure but I think they will fit asuming you dont have two bucket seats mounts. The good news is I'm chassing a good set of seats if you dont need them. :)

Hi there

No they won't. I have an OZ 1968 that I need a seat for and have 1980 seats in stock and they don't fit

Giles

I have seats from a 79 (gas tank inside cab) and I'm planning on putting them in my 84. Using the late sliders and some bar stock to adapt I think I can get past the inspection without raising eyebrows.

Pete

If the seats are very early RHD buy them anyway if the price is right. I just paid 300euro for the drivers seat i needed .

Oz crusier, it turns out I cant use them, There are a perfect set of fronts up in Armidale for $200, also comes with a bezel and a dash cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom