will a soft top fit on possibly my bros new ride? (PIC) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey my bro might be getting this 40 and was wondering if you would think a soft top supertop would fit on it? i asked the guy whom he might be buying it from ( not to knowledgable in the cruiser area) if a hard top would fit on it and he said "yes the cage was designed to be able to fit a hard top over" well he's hellbent on getting a soft top for it and i was wondering if just at glance you would think it would fit ...thanks any replys would be nice ...here the pic :banana: sorry i don't have dimensions for it only one crappy pic... and yes he wants to repaint it
dd_1_b.JPG

Looks like it might be a little tight at the rear hoop corners. Come to think of it, the main hoop looks a bit high. May be just the angle of the picture?

Good lookin' 40 though.

my buddy has a cage similar to that one, and he's got a soft top on it as well. over time the soft top rear ripped in two spots, both where the cage comes down. He has I believe a best top soft top.

WHY PAINT IT!!!!
you two could start a new tv series "VELVETA AND THE :banana: " ;) "VELVETA AND THE LEMON"
"MY EYES,MY EYES!!!!" :cool:

NICE LOOKIN 40 AL!!!! :bounce:

i think the color is suiting for him....kinda fruity.

So we have Fruit Loops and Velveeta...what a combo!

Damn, he would have looked so much better in a red and white FJ55.

Just kidding, good luck with the 40.

Hodag

doubt it...rear corners won't fit. i had a tigertop with the old dealer installed bar (same shape as oem bar, but taller and goes all the way back) and it wasn't even close to fitting on the rear corners. don't know if the supertops are more square in the back, i went oem repro...they're cooler looking anyways.

hodag said:
Damn, he would have looked so much better in a red and white FJ55.

Just kidding, good luck with the 40.

Hodag

i agree dude, pigs rock!!!

I agree with ige, I don't think one will fit, and even if one dose fit it will be a massive PITA. I'm not familiar with how any other tops works as far as tensioning other than my kayline but i'll assume they are all similar.

If you look at metaltech's cage design, he specially made it to work with soft tops. I would say hack that silly rear portion of the cage off and redo it, but that is just me :flipoff2:

Tooty Fruity

i gottttt ittttt wahoooo!!!!

(wes) ebay buyer lost_roots

i guess i have to get my own screen name and stop using alex's :crybaby:

HAha, the lil dude won it. Look out for a dredlocked nut case on the loose with a yelllow 40 :) im stoked he got a cruiser...now look out for us at gsmtr06

lowtideride said:
HAha, the lil dude won it. Look out for a dredlocked nut case on the loose with a yelllow 40 :) im stoked he got a cruiser...now look out for us at gsmtr06

is he gonna be able to get it on a transport?

yeah....a thousand smakeroooss from GA to PA...where he lives.

lowtideride said:
yeah....a thousand smakeroooss from GA to PA...where he lives.

$1k :eek: :eek: you gotta be freaking kidding me.
why not road trip the rig,gas wouldnt be that much.

my boss had a mudstsang shipped from cali to colorado for $600.00
dang,,,,,,,,a $1k

you need a # for a transport company? :eek: :eek:

we called around and they all said it went up because of gas...i had my rig shipped twice as far for 800...

i'd love to road trip it but it needs to be titled tagged and insured for PA before we did that. We leave tomorrow night to go pick up and drop it at the transporter... im stoked he got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom