Will a FJ62 Transfer case Fit on diesel H55F? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi Mudders,

My FJ62 has a rebuilt transfer case with the 38mm idler shaft, I was wondering if it would fit on to my diesel H55F…..

Is there any modifications that I will need to make it fit? Will it just bolt right on?

Is swapping the transfer cases doable for some one who has 0 experience?

Thanks.

hey @gimme a 60 , i'll answer the last question as i have no experience on the first 2. yes, if it's a straight r+r swap it shouldn't be any tougher that swappin' an alternator, just bigger n heavier, oh n a few more bolts :hillbilly: do guys not swap out auto trannys for h55fs in 62's n retain the transfer case? seems to me it should be rather straight forward

Did you read this?

Did you read this?

Well yes, but I’m wondering if it will work on a diesel.

don't forget about the 5th gear oiler

Well yes, but I’m wondering if it will work on a diesel.

Yes your transfer case will work but you should re-read that thread as it answered that question already. And will most likely answer your next several questions

Hi Mudders,

My FJ62 has a rebuilt transfer case with the 38mm idler shaft, I was wondering if it would fit on to my diesel H55F…..

Is there any modifications that I will need to make it fit? Will it just bolt right on?

Is swapping the transfer cases doable for some one who has 0 experience?

Thanks.
What are you putting the diesel H55F into? Do you want to retain the vacuum-shift 4WD the FJ62 currently has. Outside of that, it's a very direct fit. Add the oiler, gaskets, seals and inspect all other items and some hardware.

This is the oiler (our part# TR36010 - 33124-36010). It slides in the forward facing front half of the split t-case and literally catches and directs oil at the transmission, simply put.

1674071211307.png

You can see it installed here:

1674071357457.png

Should you wish to delete the vacuum shift, that's easy too. Conversion kits and linkage kits are readily available:

However you should have most (all) of those from your existing diesel H55F case assuming it's a manual shift variant. The vacuum-shift is present behind both the auto and the manual depending on market/model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom