Will a Badlands 12K fit behind factory bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LFD2037

TEXAS LEXUS!
Threads
Will a Badlands 12K fit behind factory bumper? I plan on buying the winch & the Harbor Freight winch plate, mount it to the frame rails, trimming bumper for roller fairlead & mounting bumper. I know people have done it w/other winches but haven't read where someone has done it w/the Badlands 12K.

I like the look with the synthetic fairlead much better!

I did it with the Badlands 9k. Maybe you can look at the dimensions of the 9k vs 12k and see if you think it'll fit.

Here's my writeup with a lot of pics:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/561159-project-stock-front-bumper-integrated-winch-ii.html

I couldn't get the solenoid box to fit, though. I mounted just the contactor on the frame horn.

I also had to chop the front of the winch plate to get it to fit under the bumper.
And shortly after I had it all together and working, a Slee Shortbus came my way, so the stock setup is now holding down the garage floor.

Last edited:
Definitley fits :grinpimp: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/782267-stage-1-build-begun.html lots of trial and error. must trim the radiator support to get solenoid box in. must clock winch housing in order to operate free spool lever. I recommend bolting winch to plate and using floor jack to jack it into place and line everything up. new holes need to be drilled in harbor freight mount and it needs to be cut down substantially to get bumper back on. I cut my bumper down as you can see in the pics as to improve approach ability of ledges and rocks but it is not necessary. There was a thread on here I followed pretty closely to get started. But if you have any questions once your in there feel free to ask. And the winch works great, slow but great. I would recommend cutting off 15' of that steel cable if your keeping it as it doesn't all fit back on the drum very nicely after being used.

Keep in mind that the later bumpers are bigger and offer more space. So if you have a 96-97 LX450 you'll have tons of space.

The roller fairleads might kill your approach angle though, I prefer synthetic with a hawse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom