Will a '97 bumper fit a '92??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I performed a quick search and found nothing....

I have a person interested in my OEM bumper and was wondering if it would fit a '92 w/o any modifications....

TIA

Not the same.

YES! (Did it last weekend)

The 97 bumper came with a big pile of mounting hardware, but I simply reused the 92's original bolts. I had to slightly bore out the mounting holes on the bumper. The frame mounts were probably tweaked slightly when the original bumper got smashed.

Pic of 97 bumper on 92.
bumper.jpg

Draken said:
I performed a quick search and found nothing....

I have a person interested in my OEM bumper and was wondering if it would fit a '92 w/o any modifications....

TIA

:mad:
ya didn't search long or hard enough.

SEARCH LONGER!

:)
I thought "no" as CDan stated...but I guess it is possible?

The width of the flares is different between those years. will it bolt on with some help ?? Yes, is it correct, No.
look at another 92 and you will see the depth of flares.
Dave

The bolt spacing on the frame is slightly different, the bumper mount holes in the brackets will need to be slightly elongated.

I'm not understanding how those who say they are not interchangable especially if the holes on the frame are different. Why does ARB sell a bullbar that fits an 80 with no specific year? Or a TJM bar? So when I shop for bullbars I'll need to tell them I have a 91 for it to fit?

Land Speeder said:
I'm not understanding how those who say they are not interchangable especially if the holes on the frame are different. Why does ARB sell a bullbar that fits an 80 with no specific year? Or a TJM bar? So when I shop for bullbars I'll need to tell them I have a 91 for it to fit?

The aftermarket bumpers have slightly oversize/elongated holes so they fit both.

Tools R Us said:
The aftermarket bumpers have slightly oversize/elongated holes so they fit both.

ah ha

Tell em to PM or email me. I have a 1991 bumper in my garage I will sell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom