Will a '72 intake "fit" a '68? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '68 with stock F engine and stock 2 bbl intake manifold. It has a rusty header that has multiple leaks causing a backfire on deceleration. I've got a used header in decent condition that I could just put it on....but while I have the intake off----could I go back with a manifold from a '72? It has the spin on type of oil filter that I would prefer. The header that I'm putting on was originally mated to this intake. Will there be any problems with this conversion?
Thanks in advance for any help

Todd, not only should it fit, it should fit better. The only fitment issues I’ve ever had on the F145 have been between the ‘68/69 wide runner intakes and headers. The extra girth of THAT intake often runs into the header tubes. With a 70 and newer intake, it’s never an issue.

Thanks Mark. Since you already commented :) Another question about headers on a '68---

My '68 doesn't have a stud "in front" of the head. The rear of the head has a stud behind the last exhaust port, which make sense, there is a tab on the rear of the header for this stud. There is the same style tab on front of the headers, but no stud. Seems that would be a possible trouble spot for leaks? Are all F heads the same way--with a stud behind the last exhaust port but not one in front of the most forward exhaust port? Hope you can make sense of that question......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom