Will a 285/75-16 BFG A/T fit in the factory spare location?

Hoping someone can confirm this will fit, so I can just order a tire online from a warm armchair. If not, I have to go out in the snow and measure, or even swap a road tire into the spare location to check while I freeze my kiester. Thanks in advance!

Hoping someone can confirm this will fit, so I can just order a tire online from a warm armchair. If not, I have to go out in the snow and measure, or even swap a road tire into the spare location to check while I freeze my kiester. Thanks in advance!
I carry my GY Duratrac in 285/75-16 under my truck in the factory location, with hitch.

Comet

Knower of little, master of less.
SILVER Star
Firestone Destination AT same size has ridden there for years. Armchair enablement engaged

Yes, definitely.

I will say that even a 35x10.5x16 swamper will fit in the spare tire location as long as you're not running any sort of hitch. This is what I use for a skinny spare "donut." There are also reports of a partially worn 315/75r16 fitting as well. Max real-world measuring tape diameter is probably around 34.5 with no trailer hitch.

If you're running a hitch, then you're just going to have to measure because there are too many different hitch types on the market for blanket answer. But I would bet any 33" tire would be fine.

Perfect!! Thanks, Mud!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom