Will a 1FZ-FE engine from a '95 LX450 fit my '97 Land Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just want to make sure that this should work before I purchase the engine. The VIN is a 4th-digit "H" number, and I posted the sticker with the manufacturing information with this post. Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

Are you sure it's a 95 LX? model year on LX450s started 1996.

95s are tricky.

If it has an OBDII port above the interior fuse panel it will drop in.

If the 95 is OBDI (no OBDII port, older style airflow meter) no, it won't work without pulling the whole oil pan and timing cover to install the crank angle sensor. Plus you'll have to use all of the 97 intake manifold and VSVs, etc.

Oops. I was confused because of the way the original ad was written. It should be a Land Cruiser, based on the VIN.

Previous threads were indicating that the '95 Land Cruiser should be OBDII, but that they might have both an OBDI and OBDII connection? I'm honestly ignorant about which year/model Land Cruisers have what OBD ports available, and if it depends on the individual vehicle.

If you think that having the OBDI port present in a certain location will get in the way, I can try to get photos from the seller to find out where the ports are located and whether it would work.

Thanks, beno! :notworthy:

p.s. Are you still moving to CO? I haven't been reading the forum enough lately to know.

Wouldn't an "09/95" vehicle be a 1996 model year? Problem solved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom