Will a 1F intake/exhaust fit a 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if an intake/exhaust from a 71 1F will fit a 75 2F? I think I've found a 2F to replace my 1F but it needs an exhaust manifold. Wondering if mine would work.

Thanks
Les

I'm going to disagree and say no they will not, however I think I have at least 1 intake exhaust manifold combo for a 2f if your interested.

68 and later will fit the head, gotta clean up the holes for the larger bolts to fit. The intake won't match your exhaust, so you need both pieces.

jikser said:
Does anyone know if an intake/exhaust from a 71 1F will fit a 75 2F? I think I've found a 2F to replace my 1F but it needs an exhaust manifold. Wondering if mine would work.
Sort of. The 68-74 F manifolds will bolt onto the 75-87 2F head, if the 6 big boltholes are drilled out to 12mm. It sounds easy, but because of the fact it's not a solid hole, but is made of 1/2 iron exh manifold and 1/2 aluminum intake manifold, the drill tends to catch,chatter and chip.

I have also heard people say that "stepped studs" that are threaded small for the F manifolds and large for the 2F head could be used. I have never seen these studs, so am not certain of their existence.

SOR at one time sold them...

I have used them.

044-02X is the part number on the bag that I have in front of me containing said stud...

Good luck!

-Steve

I would move my 1f stuff over as a set, don't want to separate them and go through the whole machining bit. Sounds like the stepped down stud might be the only option since I won't be drilling my manifolds either. Other than the oiling issue any other reason I would want to go through all this. Either way I will be rebuilding eventually wheather it's a 1F or 2F. The 75 isn't an odball motor year or anything is it? My 1F has lasted 30 years after all even with the oiling bypass.

Thanks for the help
Les

Been using stepdown studs on my 1982 2F in the red truck since 1996, and have installed them in a half-dozen other trucks over the years...no biggie. Just remember your tourque value is for the smaller fastener, ( F ) engine, NOT the 2F!

' the oiling issue' would not be a reason that I would remove a running engine, to replace it with something ' better '... If it works, don't mess with it.... I think that is rule #1....could be wrong though..

If you are going to build an engine for eventual replacement, there is nothing 'oddball' about a 75 2F.

Good luck!

-Steve

Pretty much want to build one for eventual replacement. I know I have at least one cylinder with a lot less compression than the others, pretty sure the PO ran the brake booster long after it was shot. Still runs good and doesn't smoke, so I have plenty of time to get one built. Just checked SOR still carries the studs, only $2.02 as well. Thanks for the advice folks.

Les

Poser said:
SOR at one time sold them...
I have used them.
044-02X is the part number on the bag that I have in front of me containing said stud...
Good luck!
-Steve
Cool, I learned a new part number today. :)
Thanks Steve! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom