Wilderness Roof Rack Mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got back from a 3 day trip. Need a RTT bad, done sleeping on the ground. So, when I load up my Wilderness RR it really bows in the center. I'm thinking of cutting the basket part off of the rear 2/3 and then reinforcing the cross bars for the RTT. Anyone else have this rack already modified?

Also, the pic is just for fun. I wanted to share the set-up!
DSCN5935.jpg

Last edited:
I am modding mine to just be shorter. 4" tall istead of the 6". I like your idea of just the rear cut and reinforced for the RTT. I forget who posted it up last but someone just had a flat floor rack for their RTT.

Looks like it was at least dry where you were camping. We got rained and snowed out!

Clint

So, when I load up my Wilderness RR it really bows in the center. I'm thinking of cutting the basket part off of the rear 2/3 and then reinforcing the cross bars for the RTT. Anyone else have this rack already modified?
I have a similar rack to yours it is a tradesman rack..
I dont think your roof rack will bow as the weight of the RTT would spread more evenly than most other cargo.
Also, depending on what RTT you get I would modded accordingly...
you might not have to cut it at all if you get one of the fiberglass RTT models.....
If yah get one like the one I got fabric (it deploys to the pass side when set up) then cut the basket on the roof rack to the side that it will open to.

BTW.... you got the best color a 60 came with.....(dont care what anybody says :flipoff2: ) .

Thinkin about doin the same with my conferr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom