Wilderness Hot Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
I know that some of you guys have mentioned places like Barnely Riley in the past but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for some "natural" wilderness style hot springs that were relatively easy to get to and/or find. Wife and I were talking about it last night and that was always one of the things we had planned to do in BeBe but never got around to doing.

So anyone have recommendations for something that would be fairly easy to get to this time of year? Wouldn't mind a day trip out and back so stuff like out towards Susanville or out east towards Winnemucca would be fine.

There's Travertine Hot Springs in Bridgeport. I think it is more civilized, but not "managed". I have been wanting to check out Wabuska Hot Springs and Buckeye Hot Spring ever since I moved to Reno. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yeah that was one of the other ones that I think was recommended at one point. Actually the wife was looking on her instagram today and happened to come across a follower of hers that was just out there this weekend and the pool are snow free. So probably will head out to Travertine/Bridgeport area. Wabuska and Buckeye are out east of Dayton/Silver Springs correct? I know that I have come across those names before in searches but can't remember for sure.

Wabuska and Buckeye are out east of Dayton/Silver Springs correct? I know that I have come across those names before in searches but can't remember for sure.
Buckeye is in the Sierra's on the CA side.

Soldier Meadows hot springs are remote and primitive but very awesome.
For any hot spring keep in mind the basic etiquette: camp well away from the spring so as to not monopolize it.
This is a little info from FOTBR for other hot springs in the Black Rock Area.

Soldier Meadows hot springs are remote and primitive but very awesome.
For any hot spring keep in mind the basic etiquette: camp well away from the spring so as to not monopolize it.
This is a little info from FOTBR for other hot springs in the Black Rock Area.
Yeah there would be no camping, this would literally be a day trip. If we did elect to stay we would probably stay in a nearby town at a B&B or something.

We went by Travertine this weekend, and it was an absolute zoo!!! You might look at Spencers Hotsprings.

We went by Travertine this weekend, and it was an absolute zoo!!! You might look at Spencers Hotsprings.
Thanks for the other destination. Yeah kinda figured it would be during a short holiday weekend, especially seeing as we got snow last week, I am sure there were lots of tourist from local ski areas that did a day ski and then hit there.
Will take a look at the Spenser's HotSprings for sure.

More in line with a weekend camp, there are the Virgin Valley warm spring and Bog Hot springs up north. I haven't been to the springs but the area is interesting. The Virgin Valley campground has a shower pumped from the spring. That puts you near Sheldon wildlife refuge, Pine Forest range with its lakes, and the opal mines.

More in line with a weekend camp, there are the Virgin Valley warm spring and Bog Hot springs up north. I haven't been to the springs but the area is interesting. The Virgin Valley campground has a shower pumped from the spring. That puts you near Sheldon wildlife refuge, Pine Forest range with its lakes, and the opal mines.

That place sounds neat. I am totally game for a camping run!

Those both do sound neat but damn they are definitely a weekend trip. Looks like Warm Valley hotsprings are just a bit south of the Oregon border.

Yeah most everything up there is accessed thru Winnemucca. You can get there thru Soldier Meadows, but it just takes too long. When we hunted up there we would leave after work and overnight in Winnemmucca, spend 2 days of a 3 day weekend in the country, then 1 day driving back straight thru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom