Wife’s LX570 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a ‘98 LX470 Cream Puff Build Thread last fall and loved it so much that I knew I needed a 200 for my wife. Been looking for a while, but not very hard. My wife had an 07 Yukon that was fine, but driving it compared to my 20 year old LX was night and day. Yukon rattles and rode like crap and everything felt loose even though all the major components were new. It also had oil consumption issues, and instead of running it into the ground I decided to sell it when it still had some value.

We have 4 kids and budget is tight for a new car. I found an 2009 LX570 in Memphis that looked nice and the price was great. I got some more info, some undercarriage shots and reviewed the service history. 110k mikes and serviced exclusively at Lexus dealers. Car had everything I wanted except rear seat entertainment system. It needed new tires and I was gonna have to add RSE for the kids, do I got them down another 2k. I drove up last week and closed the deal.

0EB08B13-C980-4E86-A4AC-1DD6D253D1E3.jpeg

C582D593-3158-44A2-BDE9-2E8FE0A1B6C1.jpeg

F65AF3EE-A3CA-472C-A591-16B2F58578E9.jpeg

BFB68A8E-C606-44E8-BF94-90E8209C01D1.jpeg

490170A6-4D03-4949-8C7C-F2D5193F6D3A.jpeg

Last edited:
A few more pics. Leather is in great shape and has the cooled/heated seats even though I don’t really feel cool air from them. Does not have the Cool Box. Outside has some scratches and touch up paint on the passenger door. It drives amazing. Super smooth and everything is tight. Big fan so far!!!

1A99BDEC-2642-430F-854D-F1D19BACCF07.jpeg

B99BA448-31F6-44B4-9DFB-635EC262885A.jpeg

Have some basic maintenance and simple mods planned. We do a lot of camping and this rig will see some trail time in addition to my 100 series.

First Mod was to change the AHC fluid. This stuff was nasty. Flushed and replaced 3 quarts.

D8021F20-B114-45DD-B566-AD68D27F0883.jpeg

Next up was tires. I have loved the Falken Wildoeaks on my 100, so tire choice was easy. Went with 5 to make sure they all matched.

I will get some pics of then mounted with my new tint and detail job.

Plan to baseline all fluids this weekend.

2410E1AB-FB20-49F3-946C-095A914B174C.jpeg

Congrats. Looks great. Good riddance to the Yukon.

With camping and 4 kids, I imagine, since it doesn't have the luggage space of the Yukon with the 3rd row up, you will do the roof box?

Congrats. Looks great. Good riddance to the Yukon.

With camping and 4 kids, I imagine, since it doesn't have the luggage space of the Yukon with the 3rd row up, you will do the roof box?

For sure. We have a Thule roof box that is awesome!

Which box in particular? My wife and I have been wanting to get one for our trips and finding one that fits the relatively short rearward rack of the LX has been hard.

Excellent

I use a Thule 21cubuc feet box. Love it.

However that is the Only time I am jealous of my Escalade esv friends, when I have to load my box, while they throw everything in their hatch :(

Excellent

I use a Thule 21cubuc feet box. Love it.

However that is the Only time I am jealous of my Escalade esv friends, when I have to load my box, while they throw everything in their hatch :(

Any issues with the rear biased short rack on the LX? On mobile so can’t see your M/Y but the rack on my 14 is not as large as the one on comparable LC’s.

Which box in particular? My wife and I have been wanting to get one for our trips and finding one that fits the relatively short rearward rack of the LX has been hard.

I have a giant Thule on my LX and had to put a Toyota roof rack on to make it clear the hatch. Otherwise your options are limited.

otb9Q7v.jpg

I have not done a great job updating this thread. Been working through upgrades and fixes as we find small issue. Been very happy with the LX. Here are some pics and upgrades.

I had the dreaded radiator crack. As soon as I saw coolant around the raised spot I had it replaced and a new WP at the same time. I changed the spark plugs as it was at 125k on the originals. I also added the Slee battery tray to upgrade the main battery. I put the stock size battery back until it dies as it is still pretty new. Unfortunately I had to replace all the TREs but not due to wear, they were corroded and would not budge for an alignment. I got the 555 replacement TRE kit from Cruiser Outfitters. I added the rear hatch escape button also from Cruiser Outfitters.
16FC08C4-3BD1-423B-8DCD-F0DD5A08D9C9.jpeg
731FC3E5-ABB4-4DD2-9C4A-525921BE31BC.jpeg
8C818763-4873-43FA-9F10-3029D260AB3F.jpeg
78CF95B2-876A-44C9-ADFB-C4D60C03646F.jpeg

EEA412F7-40C1-4726-BE69-88AFE42F87E9.jpeg

Very nice truck and deal. Looks nearly new in your pictures.

Just bought an 2011 LX, trading from a 2005. Same mileage as yours, same interior. Was looking seriously at Yukons/Tahoes as well. Your commentary is helpful context.

Really bad at updating this thread. I will get some recent pics with the Slee formed sliders and the BFG's and Rock Warriors. Overall this is a great rig and is used on lots of road trips/vacations. Only real issues have been noisy front brakes (OEM rotors and pads) and the driver side mirror. Mirror did not work when we bought it, would not fold. Recently it started bouncing and going crazy in general. I replaced the entire assembly for around $600. Easy job and great to have functionating folding mirror. Front brakes squealed like crazy, the wife hated it. I have tried everything to get them to stop, recently noticed some vibes when aggressively braking in the mountains. Decided to replace again even though they have tons of life left. Used OEM Rotor with the Akebono pads and so far they are totally quiet. Original battery recently died, replaced it with the Group 31 from Interstate. Have had no major issues with this LX, just oil changes and tire rotations. I am thinking about doing AHC globes during the next AHC flush (due in 7k miles), will see.

Really bad at updating this thread. I will get some recent pics with the Slee formed sliders and the BFG's and Rock Warriors. Overall this is a great rig and is used on lots of road trips/vacations. Only real issues have been noisy front brakes (OEM rotors and pads) and the driver side mirror. Mirror did not work when we bought it, would not fold. Recently it started bouncing and going crazy in general. I replaced the entire assembly for around $600. Easy job and great to have functionating folding mirror. Front brakes squealed like crazy, the wife hated it. I have tried everything to get them to stop, recently noticed some vibes when aggressively braking in the mountains. Decided to replace again even though they have tons of life left. Used OEM Rotor with the Akebono pads and so far they are totally quiet. Original battery recently died, replaced it with the Group 31 from Interstate. Have had no major issues with this LX, just oil changes and tire rotations. I am thinking about doing AHC globes during the next AHC flush (due in 7k miles), will see.
Better late than never, here’s how she sits currently.

D4EA9B18-7008-4767-B17E-3AA7B00221F8.jpeg

6C82BC5F-21CF-4C3C-8564-488E5C42BB1D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom