Wife's first project - Raining 60s! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great that you passed the visual with nothing missing.

You’re pretty close on that second test. If it was me, I’d add a gallon of denatured alcohol (or 2 bottles of Heet) to a half tank of gas and test again. Others here may have more virtuous advice but that has worked for me in close situations.

Any idea of how old the catalytic converter is? Probably not original as the numbers seem too good for that.

I do not know age of cat. I will take a gander under tmrw.

Last edited:
If it’s an non oem replacement cat - i.e a generic muffler shop replacement, in my experience these are only really good for 1-2 smog tests at the most.

If it’s an non oem replacement cat - i.e a generic muffler shop replacement, in my experience these are only really good for 1-2 smog tests at the most.
Will check today

will oem cat have toyota stampings ?

Will check today

will oem cat have toyota stampings ?

Yes, it will have stampings, maybe a TEQ if I remember right. A new cat would obviously bring your HC and C0 numbers down but I wouldn’t start throwing parts at it just yet.

Even though you failed on the second try, I gotta say you’re doing well overall. Passes visual, EGR is working (low nox), and your air injection seems to be working (residual O2 is present on the report). You’re just a little rich.

Yes, it will have stampings, maybe a TEQ if I remember right. A new cat would obviously bring your HC and C0 numbers down but I wouldn’t start throwing parts at it just yet.

Even though you failed on the second try, I gotta say you’re doing well overall. Passes visual, EGR is working (low nox), and your air injection seems to be working (residual O2 is present on the report). You’re just a little rich.
thanks!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new truck! My :princess: kinda freaked when she couldn’t get into my shop cause
of my ‘new’ 1969 Mustang. That was a few years ago, but she is a confirmed RAV4 fan so good enough for me. She can’t get into the 60 without a step so she won’t.
That truck takes me back to my FJ40 and the list of regrets from modifying it.

Congratulations on the new truck! My :princess: kinda freaked when she couldn’t get into my shop cause
of my ‘new’ 1969 Mustang. That was a few years ago, but she is a confirmed RAV4 fan so good enough for me. She can’t get into the 60 without a step so she won’t.
That truck takes me back to my FJ40 and the list of regrets from modifying it.
Thank you kindly for the nice words.

Having 2 FJ60s - I am thinking what have I done! HAH

This blue one - will remain all stock I am sure - as that is how she likes it and enjoys it.

I was thinking of some nicer tires for it (like my sand one has) but not sure Iwant to mess with it yet.

The DA/Heet will lean it out. I agree that there’s no call to start buying stuff yet.

Do you have the 2F emissions manual yet? It’s headache-inducing at first but you will make sense of it eventually. One important feature is that it shows you how to test all of the different components, which is a free way to troubleshoot.

Search for user @gregnash - he has (or at least had) download links for the emissions manual, FSM, etc in his sig line. The links may not appear if you’re on the mobile site.

The DA/Heet will lean it out. I agree that there’s no call to start buying stuff yet.

Do you have the 2F emissions manual yet? It’s headache-inducing at first but you will make sense of it eventually. One important feature is that it shows you how to test all of the different components, which is a free way to troubleshoot.

Search for user @gregnash - he has (or at least had) download links for the emissions manual, FSM, etc in his sig line. The links may not appear if you’re on the mobile site.
I actually got the whole drop box from @gregnash with a big thanks to him and a big thanks to you @DFXR
I will start the reading process tonight, after I attempt with the HEET.

Well had an expensive lunch yesterday.

We took both the 60s out.

Last edited:
had a great time with friends this weekend.

1606161925_img_3964_mmthumb.jpeg

Last edited:
I was being a wannabe hipster in the Blue Land Cruiser, driving around, with my Starbucks in the cupholder enjoying the day.

As I neared my house, a neighbor waved me down. I had seen them before, as we sometimes walk by their house, but never formally met them.

He was 83 years old, and wanted to talk about the Land Cruiser. I didn’t think much of it, as I was just stopped at the gas station 45 minutes ago, with someone asking if I want to sell the Land Cruiser.

Well he invited me to his driveway, he had 2 land Cruisers. He wanted to talk about it. Then his wife came out.

His wife is a high school teacher, they are long retired.

After a 45 minute conversation, not only did I make a new friend, they gave me presents for my kids for X mas, and he presented me with a book he wrote.

Gentleman was the coach for Indonesian Athletes for 1964 Olympics. He was a professor of University of Sriwidjaja, and a Peace Corp Volunteer, who got to meet Kennedy on multiple occasions.

Talk about a cool outing!!!!!

IMG_4026.jpg-2.jpeg
IMG_4027.jpg-2.jpeg
IMG_4030.jpg-2.jpeg
IMG_4031.JPG-2.jpeg

That is a beautiful truck. It reminds me of a scripture in the Bible..."Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Land Cruiser."

That is a beautiful truck. It reminds me of a scripture in the Bible..."Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Land Cruiser."
I said that everytime I walk away from the driveway, and out of my terrible shape sand colored 85 60....when I look at her beautiful one :(

I don't see a project...I see a creampuff. Beautiful 60. Love that your wife wanted one (my wife's getting hers in a few months!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom