Wife's first project - Raining 60s! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To start with, my wife doesn't care about cars. Never has. Since we have been together, she always had 1 car, drives it 5/10 years, gets new. I buy and sell, and she doesn't notice. Things are sold and 8-9 months later - she will ask "oh what happened to that white car." She is obvlivious to things with 4 wheels. If I wasn't in the picture, I am sure she would still have a Mazda323 hatchback rest of her life.

Just mentioning that to give you a background.

Her "stable" has been:

• LS600hL
  • NC2 Miata PRHT GT
  • LX570
  • RC-F
She drives 4,000 miles a year.

This has been an interesting year. I have REALLY been trying to cull down the fleet, and have been very successful.

Last edited:
I’d be more worried about the neighbors diesel with the way people drive these days. My son in law just got hit by an 18 wheeler on the interstate in Dallas, had to run the fleeing truck down. Mike

Sorry for the delay in writing. Just returned from a 2,500 mile trip.

Initially was going to tow it back ourself. When the neighbor said "take my $80,000 new truck," i was a bit hesitant. Glad to report all went well.

Had no problems at all. Can't believe the power of these modern Diesels. Pulled through Grapevine, Donner Pass, like it was nothing, holding 65mph easily. Got about 14mpg on the trip.

But these "monster bro dozers" are something else. Heated steering wheel, and all the smart screen, so many gadgets. I can see why people drive these things. They are luxury and capable.

However, given their size, I can't see how people DD them, but they do.

I am very thankful to be back home. We all made a nice family trip out of it. Neighbor is happy, wife is ecstatic. Now time for some pictures

IMG_3516.jpeg

When we arrived at the owners house, him and his wife were VERY gracious. Truly a gentleman. We went for a test drive. My kids were giddy with the "roll up windows like the mini cooper!"

Drove great! Wife was very happy.

It was as described. MINT condition. 0 rust. Drove fantastic. Every single thing worked. Well loved, garaged all its life in dry climate 150k miles.

Handed over certified check, and owner helped me load up. Gave me some extra straps and carbines etc. Heck even filled up with a full tank of gas, and all maintenance receipts.

Bone stock gem. Just what she was looking for.

Last edited:
Got her home late last night and got her unloaded.

Gave her a quick bath to clean up.

We did a 100 mile drive this morning. Such a smooth ride. Brand new shocks and tires along with tons of other maintenance. Love the fishbowl look.

Jealous of wife's new ride for sure!!!!!

Old woman in a SL550 came up to us at the gas station "WOW such a cool vehicle" HAHA.

Last edited:
Funny thing, wife of seller asked my wife "IS THAT OUR DODGE"

Wife replied: no, we borrowed it.

Seller's wife: WHEH glad to hear that. If we knew you were dodge people, we weren't sure if we would sell to you!

LOL

---------------

I am surprised how tight and nice all the seals are. Not a single drop of water inside when the car was washed. The door close "clunk" is exactly like a Benz G Waggen (without the window regulator problems).

On the highway, no wind, no whistling noise. Truly a GEM

You can ask the smog shop for a “pre-test”, usually about $20. All they do is hook up the sniffer to your tail pipe, and give you an idea of where you’re at. It does not connect to the state computer in this mode.

If you’re failing anywhere, post the printout of the results here for feedback. If you’re looking good, go ahead and get the full test right then and there. Miracles do happen.

You can ask the smog shop for a “pre-test”, usually about $20. All they do is hook up the sniffer to your tail pipe, and give you an idea of where you’re at. It does not connect to the state computer in this mode.

If you’re failing anywhere, post the printout of the results here for feedback. If you’re looking good, go ahead and get the full test right then and there. Miracles do happen.
All passed. Has all OEM new muffler and exhuast

Last edited:

Happy to register and pased

Last edited:
Great that you passed the visual with nothing missing.

You’re pretty close on that second test. If it was me, I’d add a gallon of denatured alcohol (or 2 bottles of Heet) to a half tank of gas and test again. Others here may have more virtuous advice but that has worked for me in close situations.

Any idea of how old the catalytic converter is? Probably not original as the numbers seem too good for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom