Builds Wife just bought a BJ71, I have many questions! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, so many goodies! Toko will be happily sporting that new suspension for years to come.

The wife and I got the new suspension installed this weekend!

We went from this:
IMGP5423-XL.jpg

To this!
IMGP5428-XL.jpg

This was my first time doing a suspension install so there was a bit of a learning curve but it went together great! The ride is soooooo much better. With the stock springs being dead and flat, after the new suspension Toko gained just over 3 inches of lift. This wife is pretty excited to have her rig back and have it ride so much better.

Pics to show she actually helped!
IMGP5426-XL.jpg

All in all the Tough Dog suspension looks to be a great alternative to other options that are out there. We can't wait to test it out on the trail! Toko also looks soooooo much better!

IMGP5430-XL.jpg

Hmmm, looky what I picked up today! Toko is about to get a bit taller! It's about time to replace the original (flat) springs. I can't waoit to get all of this installed and feel the difference in ride quality!

A huge "THANKS" goes out to @reevesci aka Jason at Trail Tailor for hooking us up!

DSCF1176-XL.jpg

I just purchased this kit from @reevesci for my cruiser. I was on the fence between old man emu and this kit but found Jason to be a solid guy to work with.

I'll be checking back to see how you likely the ride, flex, and especially how much this suspension settles.
My 74's 8 year old Emus have sagged a lot, though my truck is quite heavy. This suspension looks higher than my emus did new, which would be good with the 35s... if they keep their height!

I miss the old Aussie made Emus.

So far so good on the new suspension! That said the wife barely has any miles on it. Old Toko needs a recharge on the AC and she has been driving her other vehicle (2007 Rav4) for a while now. But with the Rav4 springing an oil leak this week (220K miles) she will be back in Toko in no time! That and we plan to have the AC recharged on Tuesday or so (yes, keeping the R12). I'll let you guys know in a few months how it's looking.

And yes, Jason is a solid guy to work with! Great guy to deal with and has a TON of knowledge of all things Land Cruiser!!

Ah, I thought the 33s were already on in the earlier pics. The lift actually looks pretty similar in height to the Emu mediums when they were new. Mine with new emus and 255/85R16s around 2009 or 10, though the front axle had already been moved ahead 1" in prep for 35s:
3845411945_8ce896d5b2_b.jpg

IMG_20170524_170246253-XL.jpg

Still interested in updates after you've gotten some miles (and some wheeling) on it. More 70 suspension options = excellent!

Great looking truck BTW. There are quite a few 74s kicking around here, but don't see many of the shorty 70s anymore. Most of the cdn-spec BJ70s have disappeared, either to the south, or back to the earth :hillbilly:.
Makes me kinda miss my old BJ70 a little.

Small update, the wife has decided to sell Toko! She just doesn't drive it like it deserves so she has decided to give it up. Stayed tuned for a For Sale ad!

Aaaannnnnddddd just like that Toko is sold! It was/is a great rig and I hope to see the new owner here in the future! We will miss it, but glad it is getting some use now. Thanks for the memories Toko!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom