Wife Hit Deer or Deer Hit Wife (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wife got a deer last night and the $$$ ARB bumper didn't do its job :crybaby:

Well, the deer hit the back driver side rear fender flare. And the DAM DEER got away :mad: didn't even get dinner out of it.
The damage is so minor that I prob wont even fix it.

Wife and her friend were shook up but not hurt. It made a BIG BANG.
Her two sisters got hit by deers in the same was, they ramed the side of the vehicle. The caravan was repairable but the Colt Vist Wagon was totaled

Another reason to own an 80.

She also saved me over $225 by hitting the deer.
As I checked out the damage I found a silver dollor sizes piece of sharp metal (from the deers head for a past raming incident :D ) sticking out the a lug on the tire. Had I not seen it and removed it, the tire would of blown out ($150+) she would of called a wrecker to come out and change the tire ($???).

Kurt,

My RR flare looks similar but it was a rock that jumped out and slammed into the side; not a deer.

-B-

That was one lucky deer! You can give it the payback next Thanksgiving week!!! Or earlier if you bowhunt...

My front passenger flare is similar, rear is MUCH worse. Not from a deere, but from roots and rocks.

Had she been going slower she would have nailed it with the ARB - so it's her fault. Now she owes you a mod.

How many inch lift would've saved that fender? Two of my five deer strikes were side hits like that, minimal damage.

I fixed the damage to the 80 from the deer.
The damage came to under $3.50 without the C-dan discount (went to local dealer).
It was two retaining clips that hold the fender flare to body.
It was a yellow and white clip if you ever get hit by a deer and it brakes you fender flare :D

I don't think your average deer has any metal parts. Maybe it was a dog tag from someones best friend and she did not like to talk about it? Wait, maybe it was a UFO and she had her brain erased? Maybe she hit an old lady with a metal hip replacement - was there a walking cane sticking out through the back window?

We've got some pretty pissed off deer around my area as well. I think they don't like Land Cruisers with ARBs/front bars. Last year on some early morning Bald Eagle surveys I had a deer run smack into the side of my 80. There was extremely dense fog-to the point I was only going about 5-8 mph. My 80 is grey so... go figure. Idiot. Hit my drivers side passenger door. Scared the CRAP out of her! I laughed my arse off-to the point I had to pull over for a bit.

I'm just glad it wasn't a buck-I'd of had some pretty ugly scratches.

tomorrow I am going to a wreckers yard to start stripping a 93 that colour. If you want I can pull the flare for you if you set a top side price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom