wife busted up the 99 uzj100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alf

Threads
Wife backed out of the driveway and into an oncoming neighbor. Crushed the neighbors Trooper but not much damage to the 100.

Looks like we will need a new rear bumper, and DS taillight assembly and some body work on the tailgate.

This vehicle is still a grocery getter but may see some action as it gracefully ages. I am thinking that I should 86 the stock bumper and go with a TJM or ARB without the swing out tire carrier to start.

Any thoughts on which one has a better fit and finish for a DD.

Or does anyone have a rear bumper in the river rock green color.

ALF

Check out the Slee rear bumper. It is very nice. You could order it without the tire carrier I imagine. It could be powdercoated or paint matched to your prefered color.

Slee is very nice but price is out of the insurance claim budget. The TJM looks very nice and someone on the web is running a special with shipping of only $75. I think the TJM looks more stock especially when it doesn't have the swing out. The Slee is going to look like something is missing without the swing out IMHO.

ALF

A crushed Trooper should be worth what, about $1500.

Sounds like this is probably a case for using the insurance and I usually like to just work things out without getting multi-national corporations involved.

Yes claim is way to much to take the out of pocket hit. We are talking about a new door, new rear q panel, new tire, new rim, paint, and labor. I wouldn't be surprised if it ran upwards to $2,500.

I have not had a claim in years so I am not an at risk driver. My insurance agent feels we wouldn't feel much of a premium effect so long as we can make it another 3 years without incident.

Kevin

Pskhaat,

what ever happened to that roof rack I was going to get from you?

ALF

Too bad she didn't bust all the tail lights. Could've been a good time to switch to the '06 LED lights. Whether it will just plug in and work?... still nobody knows.

I've never forgotten! I however havn't been back up to CO to get it/ship it in the last 2.5 years. I had a # of times when I was going to head up, but my son got sick one time, had too much work another time, etc.

alf said:
Yes claim is way to much to take the out of pocket hit. We are talking about a new door, new rear q panel, new tire, new rim, paint, and labor. I wouldn't be surprised if it ran upwards to $2,500.

I have not had a claim in years so I am not an at risk driver. My insurance agent feels we wouldn't feel much of a premium effect so long as we can make it another 3 years without incident.

Kevin

I'll bet you it's more than that. I had a little run in with a pine tree a while back, didn't affect either door, just the bumper, rear QP and RR tail light. Total cost of repair was close to $4k, IIRC.

I had them repair the panel because I didn't want them to have to cut one back in. Just the panel is $1,100.

As much as I like the Slee too, I can't be swinging that much cake.

Check out Kaymar too. Siglo has one on his.

I was seeing the TJM and Kaymar under $900.

The complete Slee bumper with tire carrier is $1995. They haven't given a price for just the bumper alone but I'd say that 2/3 of the cost is in the bumper itself.

Still gonna be a bunch for the slee even without the swing out. 4x4 connection has the TJM on sale for $940.00 shipped to the lower 48.

I would think a stock 100 series bumper would be close to this figure. Anyone know how much a 100 series stock bumper cost. It would probably need to be color matched so this would add $$$ as well.

I haven't looked at the Kaymar yet.

ALF

At one point Slee quoted the rear bumper without tire carrier for about $1200. I don't know if that figure is still accurate though so don't quote me. Also, I don't think Christo has any of them available yet, but it's been about a month since I talked to him last so he may have an update for us. Christo, any news?

alf said:
Wife backed out of the driveway and into an oncoming neighbor. Crushed the neighbors Trooper but not much damage to the 100.

Looks like we will need a new rear bumper, and DS taillight assembly and some body work on the tailgate.

This vehicle is still a grocery getter but may see some action as it gracefully ages. I am thinking that I should 86 the stock bumper and go with a TJM or ARB without the swing out tire carrier to start.

Any thoughts on which one has a better fit and finish for a DD.

Or does anyone have a rear bumper in the river rock green color.

ALF

Damn ! ..Once again..I toss out a fairly decent part that someone else can use !
I just took the entire rear bumper assy. off my R/Rock green 100, and cut the cover in half so it would fit in my dumpster. It had a minor abrasion on the left side, some good wax and a little t/up would have made it look like new. I did keep the reinforcement behind it however. If you want it, I will give it to ya` for free (you pay shipping, of course).

I guess I should start holding on to some more of the stuff I remove ! I do have a front cover + reinforcement and absorber, Factory Fog lamps, T-bars, rear springs + shocks, and Hitch W/ Wiring. This is not a " FOR SALE" Ad..If anyone needs something because they damaged it or ..well for some legit reason, let me know .

I am still trying to decide what to do with the rear of my 100..The new ARB rear is due out soon, but the tried-and tested Slee is still my first choice ! Until then..
I am going for the "Half A$$ed, I am missing the rear bumper" look... It actually looks pretty cool with the rear frame section with all those circles cut in it !!

SINCITY100 said:
I am going for the "Half A$$ed, I am missing the rear bumper" look... It actually looks pretty cool with the rear frame section with all those circles cut in it !!

Pics are required but may need their own thread. :D

Go the ARB route thru Slee so he can do some reverse engineering and you can do a product review for the board while still supporting a board sponsor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom