Wickenburg Mountains trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't see a trail report or where CSC has done this trail run so I thought I'd give my report after running it today. This is page 110 in your AZ off road trail book version 2.

In the off road trail book it has a rating of "difficult" and after running it today I completely agree. It was probably the most challenging trail I have run, but also one of the most enjoyable. There are lots of steep ascents and decents that are very "rutted" out. Lots of good opportunities for that perfect articulation shot. ;). Also lots of great scenery.

I had to get out and assess the terrain multiple times to pick the best line and spot my buddy who was driving a lifted Titan Pro4x. The entire run from Wickenburg to SR74 took almost 6.5 hrs and this skipping the optional part to go see some mines.

I would not recommend doing this trail alone because if the difficulty, sometimes treacherous terrain, and remote location. We did not see a single other person the entire trail, granted it's a Wednesday, but it's still very rugged and remote.

To complete this trail undamaged I would recommend a lift and at minimum 33's but 35's are certainly preferred. I have a 2.5" lift and 35's and I banged my spare tire multiple times. My buddy damaged his rear bumper. Expect to get pinstripping. At least a rear locker would be helpful in multiple locations.

I took some pictures of obstacles at the beginning but I soon realized that I'd be stopping far to frequently to continue to do this so a lot of the difficult spots aren't pictured.

Message_1456369112138.jpg

20160224_140326.jpg

That looks rad. What's the name of that trail?

Beautiful trail - thanks for the pictures

Pretty sure my brother and I ran that years ago, and agree that it's challenging, but his Jeep Liberty made it with mild lift and ARB bumper. Don't go alone!

Thanks for the recent trip report,

Pretty sure my brother and I ran that years ago, and agree that it's challenging, but his Jeep Liberty made it with mild lift and ARB bumper. Don't go alone!

Thanks for the recent trip report,
The smaller the vehicle the better on this trail. I'm sure he was able to avoid some stuff in his more narrow liberty. It's probably changed a lot since as well.

Great pictures, but there's something very wrong with your camera. That Land Cruiser looks disturbingly like a *gasp* Nissan Titan.

Oh, and I want to run this trail!

Great pictures, but there's something very wrong with your camera. That Land Cruiser looks disturbingly like a *gasp* Nissan Titan.

Oh, and I want to run this trail!
Haha yeah I had a Titan several years ago so I know several Titan owners.

I'd like to run it again soon and start earlier so I can stop and check everything out. I'll let you know when I plan on it.

Also very interested in running this trail. Way too close to my neck of the woods not to have done more exploration in this area.

Just a thought but, you can run this trail all the way to the start point of the Crown King trail, and the Crown King trail ends where the Senator's Highway begins. You could take off road trails from Wickenburg to Prescott over a 2-3 day period. I'm thinking of doing this before it gets too warm, if anyone else is interested let me know.

Is that who the Bradshaw mountains are named after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom