SOLD WI - Fiberglass Tub, Hood, Fenders, Bib, Fender Aprons, & Trans Tunnel ===PRICE DROP 3===$0.65/mile appx delivery charge* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
A friend of mine inherited a 1977 project FJ40 when the PO passed away. The PO already purchased the fiberglass mentioned in the title and bolted the tub onto the frame. Unfortunately, that is as far as he got before passing away. The current owner would like to sell all of the fiberglass and locate a decent steel tub. I am trying to help him with the process of selling the fiberglass and acquire the steel tub. The hood, fenders, bib, fender aprons, trans tunnel are all new have never been mounted, drilled, cut, etc....The fender aprons have some shelf wear on the corners that may need a little work. It's possible there may have also been a set of fiberglass running boards and headlight bezel but have to go back and find them. I believe these are Mallotte brand parts but I can not locate their current pricing so the retail price below is based on Gozzard current pricing.

Currently selling as a package and contains the following items (NEW):
  • Tub
  • Hood
  • Fenders
  • Bib
  • Fender aprons
  • Trans tunnel
Parts located in WI

PM me with questions.

MUD PRICE
$2,000
$1,600

$1,500
($7,600 Gozzard Retail)

Thanks,
Drake

IMG952568.jpg

IMG952569.jpg

IMG952570.jpg

IMG952572.jpg

IMG952571.jpg

Last edited:
IMG954337(1).jpg

IMG950948(1).jpg

That is a steal!
For sure a Malotte Tub.
Perfect for someone who wants to build a 40 to actually use and not worry about rusty body parts! GLWS.

bump

Bump

Drake, is that an aircraft tail fuselage?
@greenbeast , yes it probably is. He has a few of those aircraft that are just an exoskeleton, wings, and single prop. No doors, no skin, single seat. He flies something like 300-500 feet off the ground.

@greenbeast , yes it probably is. He has a few of those aircraft that are just an exoskeleton, wings, and single prop. No doors, no skin, single seat. He flies something like 300-500 feet off the ground.
Tube framed, cloth covered aircraft such as the whittman tail wind or buttercup are very capable aircraft. That particular fuselage appears to be a very narrow bird. 500ft doesn't give you ANY room for an emergency scenario. Altitude can give you life, you trade it for airspeed, and speed can get your hind end to a place to put one down. If my Landcruiser addiction doesn't put me in the poor house, I hope to fly something besides RC someday.

C'Mon man......bump

Itchy bump

This is the Corvette of FJ40's...Can't believe it is not sold. Too bad you are in Wisconsin or I would buy the whole thing. Maybe one of those trucking buddies you have can help us out Drake.
It's possible (Mark) who bought your aux tank could transport when he comes back that way. I will give him a jingle and discuss options. I would have to drive out to the guys house with the fiberglass parts and help him get the tub off the frame because it's a 2 person job for sure. He is about 2 hrs NW of me but I'm happy to do that if it helps you and him!

It's possible (Mark) who bought your aux tank could transport when he comes back that way. I will give him a jingle and discuss options. I would have to drive out to the guys house with the fiberglass parts and help him get the tub off the frame because it's a 2 person job for sure. He is about 2 hrs NW of me but I'm happy to do that if it helps you and him!
I'm definitely interested if we could make it work for not too much money over and above what he is asking for the parts.

Unbelievable that this has not been picked up yet...the Blue in my Avatar is a Mallotte. I also have a Gozzard. The Gozzard as stated is better built but there is nothing wrong with that Mallotte. I drive that Blue one all the time and I have no concern for body rust here on the East Coast from Salt air or the ridiculous amount of Salt Brine they put on the roads..

Still available, let's go folks. Put your lockdown time to good use and replace your rusty swiss cheese tub :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom