Why won't me fuel guage work ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just replaced the fuel tank with a poly. Also replaced sending unit. Fuel
Guage won't work now. Put in old sending unit and this also is not working .

Everything was working fine before I replaced the tank.

Ideas appreciated

Paul

Is the sending unit properly grounded?

Tony

I grounded the sending unit to the seat support frame

Mine gave me fits until I ran a ground to the engine bay, effectively direct to the battery. Wouldn't take too long to try, mught be worth a shot. Other than that, I don't know. I, too have a poly tank, but the original sender was not hooked up, so I don't know if it would have worked or not.

Tony

cheap 40 said:
Mine gave me fits until I ran a ground to the engine bay, effectively direct to the battery. Wouldn't take too long to try, mught be worth a shot. Other than that, I don't know. I, too have a poly tank, but the original sender was not hooked up, so I don't know if it would have worked or not.

Tony

Tony .. I tried that and still not go. Thanks for the idea tho.

Paul

You have to ground it to the sending unit. The meter in your dash reads the difference between your varible resistor in your sending unit and its ground. I played it safe and went from sending unit to chassie ground to gage. Just to prevent any static electricity.

dudley223 said:
You have to ground it to the sending unit. The meter in your dash reads the difference between your varible resistor in your sending unit and its ground. I played it safe and went from sending unit to chassie ground to gage. Just to prevent any static electricity.

Thanks ... makes sense. I'll give it a go and report.

Much appreciated Duds :)

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom