why there is not a single post about car wax ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
been around many different car forums (VW , Ford ,Chevy , dodge , bmw ....) all they post is Wax ... how , what brand etc ...finally I'm in right place :)
no more wax talk ...thanx :cool:

been around many different car forums (VW , Ford ,Chevy , dodge , bmw ....) all they post is Wax ... how , what brand etc ...finally I'm in right place :)
no more wax talk ...thanx :cool:

Well, until now.

I’ve actually been considering a post about paint protection. I used a new wax a while back and couldn’t believe how easily the bugs and mud from a trip to Colorado sprayed right off

Yeah i'm into wax.
IMG_3239.jpg

30423520_Unknown.jpg

Last edited:
It is not discussions about wax here but ceramic paint coating so they don't have to wash their truck.:D

Most of the guys in the 200 section pay the lower class to wax their trucks.

:lol::lol::lol:

It is not discussions about wax here but ceramic paint coating so they don't have to wash their truck.:D

But washing still matters! With a ph balanced soap, real wool mitt, and deionized water

Thinking it’s absence is probably because paint isn’t unique to the Land Cruiser...? :meh:

Last edited:
The only reference to wax I've seen here is some dude who waxes the frame of his 2hundy.

The rest are focused on getting the truck dirty, not clean!

Used to be a wax snob.....found most was just marketing and if you paid a lot it must be better.

Now I stick with all Griot's products - wait for their 20% email sales & free shipping over $50.

Happy

Jescar Powerlock Plus sealant followed by Collinite 845 is a superb combo and is universally great on all cars. If you’re a detailing freak, consider topping it with P&S Beadmaker.

Otherwise, go Ceramic!

I personally use a hybrid ceramic spray wax, Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine. Ignore what you know about the Turtle Wax brand, this is a phenomenal product that’s easy to use and lasts for months and adds gloss, water beading, protection, and an easy cleaning surface. $6-10 per bottle, and it functions much like a professional ceramic coating, albeit not as durable.

Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax is also very good and not expensive.

It does seem to help to manually apply a base coat.. then after that spray-on and rinse off with a wide angle hose nozzle works great.

This is exactly what worked so well to let all the bugs and mud rinse off from my last trip.

Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax is also very good and not expensive.

It does seem to help to manually apply a base coat.. then after that spray-on and rinse off with a wide angle hose nozzle works great.

This is exactly what worked so well to let all the bugs and mud rinse off from my last trip.

Thrilled you mentioned it as I'm going to clay bar mine this weekend and try the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic. Hoping it was as good as one would read on the internet.............

Thrilled you mentioned it as I'm going to clay bar mine this weekend and try the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic. Hoping it was as good as one would read on the internet.............

Details on alternate first application method and durability here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom