For Sale Why the CPO LX570 shortage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could anyone suggest a reason why the following is true?
  1. There is not a single CPO LX570 in the whole Sewell Automotive (large TX dealer network, massive Lexus dealer) network.
  2. There is not a CPO LX570 on Car.com or AutoTrader within 500 miles of Dallas.
In 10 years of LC/LX hunting I've never once been on those sites when there weren't 3 of every color to choose from. Can anyone explain the shortage?

That's also what I have heard from a dealer. Apparently passenger air bags even now in June are not available to repair the originals.

As I understand it, it's the sensor that tells the computer your passenger seatbelt is clicked in that can fail. The airbag itself is fine.

More “from what I heard” they have a fix because they had to have one to overcome the stop-sale they had on all new inventory. It’s more that it’s taking time for them to come up with enough parts to meet new production and then to build enough inventory to address all the recall vehicles. We’re talking about all LX and LCs since 2008.

Im starting to see some CPO trickle out but still in very low numbers <10 nationwide

It seems they are all 2018-2019 that were not impacted by the recall. It doesn’t appear they are fixing the older ones yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom